• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrelton Simmons opts out of the remainder of the season (Angels recall Elliot Soto)

mmc

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

Exit velocity 2020

Simba - 86.5, max 105.8  https://www.fangraphs.com/players/andrelton-simmons/10847/stats#statcast  Simba also has the edge in Hard Hit%.   
Didi - 84.3, max 104.7  https://www.fangraphs.com/players/didi-gregorius/6012/stats#statcast   Didi's exit velocity is 4 MPH off where it was last year.   

You're making the mistake of ignoring how his home park has inflated his numbers.  

Home: .314/.364/.551 - .915
Away: .247/.317/.397 - .714

With Didi, the exit velocity hints at a decline in skill, something the home park might be helping to mask

I was being sarcastic since exit velocity is new thing. Nobody ever gave two shits about it when Hank Aaron was hitting home runs. It has to be one of the stupidest stats in the game. Tony Gwynn and Rod Carew probably didn’t have great exit velocity but they were great hitters. I do like Didi for his left handed power though.

6 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I was being sarcastic since exit velocity is new thing. Nobody ever gave two shits about it when Hank Aaron was hitting home runs. It has to be one of the stupidest stats in the game. Tony Gwynn and Rod Carew probably didn’t have great exit velocity but they were great hitters.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

9 minutes ago, RendZone said:

I do like Didi for his left handed power though.

Except it evaporates away from his Philly bandbox.

22 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Exit velocity 2020

Simba - 86.5, max 105.8  https://www.fangraphs.com/players/andrelton-simmons/10847/stats#statcast  Simba also has the edge in Hard Hit%.   
Didi - 84.3, max 104.7  https://www.fangraphs.com/players/didi-gregorius/6012/stats#statcast   Didi's exit velocity is 4 MPH off where it was last year.   

You're making the mistake of ignoring how his home park has inflated his numbers.  

Home: .314/.364/.551 - .915
Away: .247/.317/.397 - .714

With Didi, the exit velocity hints at a decline in skill, something the home park might be helping to mask

tenor.gif?itemid=5743791

19 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Except it evaporates away from his Philly bandbox.

I think Didi would be a good fit in Anaheim. That’s all I’m saying. But if people are content with Fletcher and Rengifo then it is what it is. I’d prefer Didi SS and Fletcher 2B. 

Rengifo > Future Didi

Rengifo is like Aybar and Howie Kendrick combined, I feel alone in terms of talent evaluation but he looks like an all-star to me.  I did call Walsh's streak, that it wasn't a fluke, well before he even peaked.  And I also called Adell's crash and burn.

4 minutes ago, Angel said:

Rengifo > Future Didi

Rengifo is like Aybar and Howie Kendrick combined, I feel alone in terms of talent evaluation but he looks like an all-star to me.  I did call Walsh's streak, that it wasn't a fluke, well before he even peaked.  And I also called Adell's crash and burn.

You should be new GM. Should we bring back Garrett Richards?

3 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

You should be new GM. Should we bring back Garrett Richards?

Yes we should, he still has that fire in him and he has good stuff and can concentrate it into 1 or 2 innings of work.  I think resigning him would be a cool gesture and reunite him with Trout, bring out the best in him.

4 hours ago, Angel said:

Yes we should, he still has that fire in him and he has good stuff and can concentrate it into 1 or 2 innings of work.  I think resigning him would be a cool gesture and reunite him with Trout, bring out the best in him.

He’s making fun of you dawg.

6 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Dodgers wanted him. That should be reason enough to hold on to him and give him a real shot in 2021.

100% this.  They wanted Rengifo and Ward, allegedly.  Ward has made some nice adjustments and looks like a good utility player now.  Rengifo has a good eye at the plate (strong BB/K rates in the minors) and is only 23.  I'd be on him making adjustments and becoming a good player with time.

I have much less faith in someone like Barreto, who has absolutely terrible BB/K rates.

Spend whatever money we have on pitching, and take a flyer on a low-cost 2B in free agency to provide competition.

Canning showed his potential today.  At his best, he can be a solid SP3 type.  Between Bundy, Heaney, Canning, and Barria, we actually have 4 pitchers who should keep us in most games.  We need to sign one guy to fill that out (ideally Bauer, but more realistically, someone like Gausman), and then we need our optionable pitchers (Suarez, Sandoval, etc) to show some progress and be guys we can rely on to make spot starts throughout the year.

If you look at the really good teams in baseball, a lot of them have a number of good SPs, and several in the minors that they option back and forth as needed.  Most teams usually need 8-9 SPs total to get through a 162 game season (due to injuries, poor performance, etc).

26 minutes ago, Gooch said:

Thanks Andrelton for showing your true colors !  You are a QUITTER !!!  Once you relized that Billy Eppler would not be returning and that the angels would

not be wasting their money on a broken down horse you threw in the towel. What a great example you are for children. You failed yourself, your family, your team mates, and true Angel fans. Arte please tear down his poster on the front of the stadium TODAY !!!  David Flethcer is the future and a much better player

than you !   I have never seen a more selfish act than the one you just pulled. You are truely the complete opposite of a guy like Kole Cahoun who will always be cheered by the fans. Angel fans we are so much better off with this loser, quitter, and complete failure gone !!!!!!!

Best Regards,

The Gooch !

this is funny