• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Andrelton Simmons opts out of the remainder of the season (Angels recall Elliot Soto)

mmc

12 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

So I don't know if this is the reason or even one of the reasons.  

But if Simba opted out with five games left just because he personally did not want to go back into a Hotel Quarantine for 3-5 days with his teammates then it would be fair to judge him on his decision.

To me, his decision would lack self awareness and would make him look like a bad teammate.

Or he has something going on at home and not being there at that time is more important to him than being quarantined and the cool half a million he just lost.  

On 9/23/2020 at 11:27 AM, Stradling said:

What?  So in the last several months your comfort level has been exactly the same?  Also, like was reported he was now going to be asked to be quarantined.  So that is different than it was before.  

If anything the comfort level has risen, hasnt yours?  WE know far more now than we did months ago we know the reality of it and we know or should know that most of the excessive lockdown are not really necessary unless you are at risk.
a 2 week quarantine or whatever it is for the post season... seems little to ask frankly. 

37 minutes ago, floplag said:

If anything the comfort level has risen, hasnt yours?  WE know far more now than we did months ago we know the reality of it and we know or should know that most of the excessive lockdown are not really necessary unless you are at risk.
a 2 week quarantine or whatever it is for the post season... seems little to ask frankly. 

My comfort level today is higher than it was in April.  But it isn’t linear by any means.  Also he does have someone at risk, his wife.  We really don’t know the levels of risk or the level of precaution he and his family have taken during this time.  

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

My comfort level today is higher than it was in April.  But it isn’t linear by any means.  Also he does have someone at risk, his wife.  We really don’t know the levels of risk or the level of precaution he and his family have taken during this time.  

Or maybe he has decided that he just wants to move on because he didn’t get an extension. According to many he’s the best SS in the game so he’s probably somewhat surprised that the Angels didn’t lock him up. I’m sure his agent is also influencing him. It’s business and I’m sure his family is healthy. 

38 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Or maybe he has decided that he just wants to move on because he didn’t get an extension. According to many he’s the best SS in the game so he’s probably somewhat surprised that the Angels didn’t lock him up. I’m sure his agent is also influencing him. It’s business and I’m sure his family is healthy. 

Ha ha ok. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

No we do not, but if she has been at risk is that risk higher today than it was last month?
I dont think anyone should put at risk family in any more danger i just dont see how bailing on the last 5 games affects that. 

13 minutes ago, floplag said:

No we do not, but if she has been at risk is that risk higher today than it was last month?
I dont think anyone should put at risk family in any more danger i just dont see how bailing on the last 5 games affects that. 

Once again comfort level isn’t a rational state.  Maybe they’ve had really good habits as a family and now having to quarantine wasn’t something he was willing to do.   Maybe he would have opted out of the entire season if it was played in a bubble. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Once again comfort level isn’t a rational state.  Maybe they’ve had really good habits as a family and now having to quarantine wasn’t something he was willing to do.   Maybe he would have opted out of the entire season if it was played in a bubble. 

Did she travel on road trips with him too? 

10 minutes ago, RendZone said:

Did she travel on road trips with him too? 

I wondered if she needed to go with him too. 

Not because MLB is forcing the families (lol), but rather if there is some medical condition where he doesn't want to be apart from or unable to get to her...  As in a reason that would require her/them to also go.

5 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I wondered if she needed to go with him too.  Not because MLB is forcing the families (lol), but rather if there is some medical condition where he doesn't want to be apart from or unable to get to her...  As in a reason that would require her/them to also go.

If she still needed a kidney and was on dialysis then I could understand that. Again, unless she was traveling with him on road trips which is actually even more dangerous it doesn’t make much sense that him being in a quarantined condition makes it dangerous for her. The quarantine is in place to help decrease the risk. I personally think it was more contract related. He has an agent and I’m sure he was instructed to do what he did. 

Guys, sometimes these decisions supersede your level of fandom. Back away from the keyboards and try to respect the decision of a player that has worked his ass off the last couple years to recover from various injuries as fast as possible to return to the team, even when it was sure the season wouldn't amount to anything. 

His commitment was 100% every day of his tenure. Obviously he decided that he couldn't continue for personal reasons so just respect that and move on with it. 

Or be complete jackasses and believe you know what his life is like outside of the box score. 

If there was a specific family health related issue, then that could have been said in a very general way without compromising personal confidentiality (if that’s a concern in his side).  But that’s not what he said.  Maybe his statement could have been worded better.  But it comes off as we’re not in the playoffs and I’m a FA - so I’m skipping out in the last week.  

21 hours ago, Stradling said:

And maybe he doesnt at all if it isnt a walk year... honestly which do you think had more to do with it? 

54 minutes ago, floplag said:

And maybe he doesnt at all if it isnt a walk year... honestly which do you think had more to do with it? 

Ok, that can go both ways as well.  So he walked away knowing how it could have been perceived right before free agency?  When something is out of character for a person, you should at least understand there are things we don’t know.  This is a guy that has come back from injuries very quickly to get back on the field to compete.  He opted out with 5 games to go.  The thought that he quit because he was mad at not getting an extension or because he was afraid of injury, goes against everything else he has shown in his 5 years here.   Remember, we had people here that were pissed that Trout took an extra day off to spend with his new born.  What it comes down to is we have irrational fans that like to project.