• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ARod and Braun MLB may seek 100 game suspension

Sources tell @OTLonESPN Bosch will swear an affidavit that he provided drugs to players. MLB may seek 100-game suspensions for Braun, A-Rod.

Here's our full story on MLB seeking to suspend A-Rod, Braun and about 20 players for PED violations. http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/9301536/major-league-baseball-suspend-20-players-including-alex-rodriguez-ryan-braun-part-miami-investigation â€¦

"The players who might ultimately face discipline from MLB include: Rodriguez, Braun, Cabrera, Colon, Grandal, Nelson Cruz, Francisco Cervelli, Jesus Montero, Jhonny Peralta, CesarPuello, Fernando Martinez, Everth Cabrera, Fautini de los Santos, Jordan Norberto, and a number of players who are either identified by code names or whose names appear in other documents not obtained by "Outside the Lines." All are currently on major-league rosters but for Puello, a top outfield prospect for the New York Mets who is playing in Class AA Binghamton."

can they even give AROD a 100 game suspension.  If I am not mistaken, he hasn't served a 50 game suspension yet and he has yet to fail a drug test after the new policy.

can they even give AROD a 100 game suspension.  If I am not mistaken, he hasn't served a 50 game suspension yet and he has yet to fail a drug test after the new policy.

Those 100 game suspensions are 50 games for PED suspension and another 50 to deliberately lying in the investigation.

Without a positive PED test, the MLBPA defense will attack Bosch's character. They may also accuse Bosch of fabricating evidence in an attempt to strengthen a plea deal. MLB must heavily pursue this case in order to keep their word that they are serious about PEDs. They know that the accusation alone will be detrimental to the player's image and future earnings. So even if there isn't enough evidence to punish these players, every player will think twice about implicating themselves with PEDs.

MLB will never be completely clean of PED's. The cheats will always be one step ahead of those giving the tests.   

It will never be completely clean because the financial incentive to cheat is so great.

It's either be clean and be a struggling major league player or cheat and become an all star caliber player.

I think most of the population would make similar choices given that you will make 10's of millions of dollars when you are a successful major league player.

MLB needs to do what ever it can to clean up the game. But this will get messy. As others mentioned, without a positive test I don't see how MLB can suspend these players. I imagine it comes down to how the agreement with the players association is worded.

I also think they should drop the 50 game suspension for the first offense. Make in 100, then 150, then gone. In all cases, immediate forfeiture of any and all awards accumulated during the season in which the cheating occurred.

I know a lot of people hate A-Rod, but he's my favorite player. I idolized Alex Rodriguez in the 90's and early 2000's. He's the reason why I wore #3 when I was playing little league and high school baseball. He will always be my favorite player. 

MLB needs to do what ever it can to clean up the game. But this will get messy.

I also think they should drop the 50 game suspension for the first offense. Make in 100, then 150, then gone.

Its messy because whenever you ignore a problem for so long, you just delay the inevitable. I agree its gonna be a crapshow, but I DO like how the MLB has a stance on this kind of stuff, and even though its taking time, they're sticking to their guns. Even the Stankees with names like A-Rod.

I like 100 game suspension off the bat, but 3 chances? No way. For me its 2: you get one then you're gone. But I will admit I'm a strict m**********r. 

I can't even fathom doing this kind of stuff when I was playing ball in college. The thing that killed me was the politics, the talent was thrown out the window when it came to "who started." But even/if...why would a person possibly throw away their entire career if they have the skills? For some reason they sacrificed that opportunity to excel unnaturally, and risked being caught with this stuff!

IMO the MLB is making this a moral issue; who in their right mind thinks doing this stuff is OK?

And if you're going to use that precedent to draw a line, that's fine with me. 

Those 100 game suspensions are 50 games for PED suspension and another 50 to deliberately lying in the investigation.

That doesn't sound right.  What lie and what investigation and where in the policy does it say 50 game suspension for lying?