• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Rangers vs Angels (9/19/2020)

Angel Oracle

3 minutes ago, stormngt said:

It paid off.

Yep.  Walsh and Ward are both in the zone.  Considering we likely have to win every single game we have left, we have to play the hot hands.  

I wonder if, during his week off, we altered Ohtani's mechanics or approach at all.  Only 2 ABs so far, but he's looked better in these 2 ABs than he has all month.

I knew these boys still had some Buttercup left in them!  Draft is looking worse for us, good news is baseball drafts are a crap shoot but having at least a top 10 spot guarantees decent farm buildup.  Besides, what's a draft going to do for Trout and the Angels of 2021-22?  Absolutely very little.

Ohtani looking like a comeback player candidate next season.  Apparently he still feels good about the two way thing, his pitching ability is still there.  Not many teams would say no to that.

1 hour ago, Warfarin said:

Yep.  Walsh and Ward are both in the zone.  Considering we likely have to win every single game we have left, we have to play the hot hands.  

I wonder if, during his week off, we altered Ohtani's mechanics or approach at all.  Only 2 ABs so far, but he's looked better in these 2 ABs than he has all month.

Too bad we lost the Texas and Ariz series last week.

Let these Mayers numbers sink in.

Since August 1:

22 innings, 10 hits, 32/4 Ks/BBs, 0 HRs, 0.41 ERA, 0.64 WHIP

Since September 1:

13.1 innings, 3 hits, 18/2 KS/BBs, 0 HRs, 0.00 ERA, 0.38 WHIP

Currently 14.1 scoreless innings and 11.2 hitless innings

The cutter, slider, and mid 90s 4-seamer is a great combo.

The new Undertaker?

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Let these Mayers numbers sink in.

Since August 1:

22 innings, 10 hits, 32/4 Ks/BBs, 0 HRs, 0.41 ERA, 0.64 WHIP

Since September 1:

13.1 innings, 3 hits, 18/2 KS/BBs, 0 HRs, 0.00 ERA, 0.38 WHIP

Currently 14.1 scoreless innings and 11.2 hitless innings

The cutter, slider, and mid 90s 4-seamer is a great combo.

The new Undertaker?

Just another example of Eppler finding a really, really good pen arm for nothing.

It’s funny, this has been one of the worst Angel teams I’ve seen in recent memory but in many ways it’s quietly looking like they could be one of the more promising teams in awhile too. 

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

Just another example of Eppler finding a really, really good pen arm for nothing.

It’s funny, this has been one of the worst Angel teams I’ve seen in recent memory but in many ways it’s quietly looking like they could be one of the more promising teams in awhile too. 

he has found a whole lot trash relievers also