• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trevor Bauer on free agency

Docwaukee

On 9/18/2020 at 11:45 PM, Dochalo said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/09/trevor-bauer-on-free-agency.html

“I want to win. I want to be with a team that has a winning culture. I want to be there in the playoffs. I want a chance at a World Series. That’s one thing that really drives me. I want a chance to pitch every fourth day instead of every fifth. That really drives me. Going along with that: how’s the medical staff? How’s the technology — the information that’s available on the coaching staff? What’s the culture of the organization like?”

I would temper expectations a bit ladies and gents. 

Future Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer

On 9/20/2020 at 2:54 AM, Bronson said:

I think many pieces is an exaggeration. 

Would multiple pieces be a better way to say it? I think we are pitchers away. Starting and relief. I don’t think our position players are offense over a course of a year should be top 10 if not too 5. 

The LAD love those ST big dollar deals over long-term....especially so for pitchers.  So if he does go with the one-year, then the LADs seem like a perfect fit.  But he seems to be waffling a bit on it now.  

I don't see the Angels getting him.  Honestly, i'm not sure i'd want them too unless it was 1-3 year route.  FA is mostly fools gold.  But desperate times....

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Would multiple pieces be a better way to say it? I think we are pitchers away. Starting and relief. I don’t think our position players are offense over a course of a year should be top 10 if not too 5. 

We are literally only 1 ace, 1 reliable starter and 1 closer away. Sign Bauer and Hendriks in the offseason and trade for a #3 kind of guy. That’s not many pieces.... that’s a few pieces away. 

47 minutes ago, Bronson said:

We are literally only 1 ace, 1 reliable starter and 1 closer away. Sign Bauer and Hendriks in the offseason and trade for a #3 kind of guy. That’s not many pieces.... that’s a few pieces away. 

What’s your definition of many?

I agree I think we are 1 ace and another good starter away

I disagree I think we are 2 or 3 good relievers away as well 

Just now, Kevinb said:

What’s your definition of many?

I agree I think we are 1 ace and another good starter away

I disagree I think we are 2 or 3 good relievers away as well 

Naw we just need that 8th and 9th shut down. That’s when we always blow leads. Mayer’s and Hendriks will do that. Then just hope the others can develop to good middle relievers.

28 minutes ago, Bronson said:

Naw we just need that 8th and 9th shut down. That’s when we always blow leads. Mayer’s and Hendriks will do that. Then just hope the others can develop to good middle relievers.

Our team era is 24th in the league. I think we need more than just 4 pitchers. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

To be fair that era is bloated by Teheran who won’t even be here next year. And doesn’t Ohtani have like a 37 era? That surely doesn’t help either. I really think you’re looking to much into it. We have 3 solid starters right now with Bundy, Heaney and Canning. Just add an ace to that with another 3 starter and that’s a kick ass rotation. And bullpens are so volatile who knows what’s gonna happen with that next year, Buttrey could look like the next Mariano Rivera next year. Just get a true closer and call it a day.

16 minutes ago, Bronson said:

To be fair that era is bloated by Teheran who won’t even be here next year. And doesn’t Ohtani have like a 37 era? That surely doesn’t help either. I really think you’re looking to much into it. We have 3 solid starters right now with Bundy, Heaney and Canning. Just add an ace to that with another 3 starter and that’s a kick ass rotation. And bullpens are so volatile who knows what’s gonna happen with that next year, Buttrey could look like the next Mariano Rivera next year. Just get a true closer and call it a day.

I may be and I believe in those three. But is Bundy this guy or is he a mix between what he did last year with Baltimore and what he’s doing this year in Anaheim? I think the Angels need a number 1 guy for sure and I’d say sign Bauer if they can and then try and trade or sign a middle of the rotation arm. 

I get that relief pitching is iffy but signing or trading for  a couple lock down guys would do amazing for our rotation and offense. Knowing we have that shut down pen we used to have with Shields and Rodriguez was awesome. 

Lol how many fan bases are posting some of the same stuff - we are one ace, a #3 and a Good RP away?  Most might even only need just one or two of those.  

btw, we also need to improve our depth.  When guys get hurt in our lineup, our replacement guys usually really suck compared to other teams.  Maybe our youth is ready to make that jump and improve this area.  We always think that though and it doesn’t happen. 

2 minutes ago, Fourts said:

Lol how many fan bases are posting some of the same stuff - we are one ace, a #3 and a Good RP away?  Most might even only need just one or two of those.  

btw, we also need to improve our depth.  When guys get hurt in our lineup, our replacement guys usually really suck compared to other teams.  Maybe our youth is ready to make that jump and improve this area.  We always think that though and it doesn’t happen. 

Ya Walsh Ward Thaiss have sucked I agree. 😂

57 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Ya Walsh Ward Thaiss have sucked I agree. 😂

This year, Walsh has been fantastic.  That's one.  Ward seems like recently he might have finally turned a corner and can be a decent ML player.  Hence me saying "hopefully our youth is ready to make that jump".  But It's a small sample size to get crazy about these two and think we have gold. 

Thaiss has been horrible -- i'd like to see you spin that.  Meanwhile the rest of our youth has "sucked" -- Rengifo, Adell, Hermosillio, etc. (not to mention on the pitching side).  

16 minutes ago, Fourts said:

This year, Walsh has been fantastic.  That's one.  Ward seems like recently he might have finally turned a corner and can be a decent ML player.  Hence me saying "hopefully our youth is ready to make that jump".  But It's a small sample size to get crazy about these two and think we have gold. 

Thaiss has been horrible -- i'd like to see you spin that.  Meanwhile the rest of our youth has "sucked" -- Rengifo, Adell, Hermosillio, etc. (not to mention on the pitching side).  

Sure Thaiss had an over 700 ops last year. I’d say that’s not sucking. 

2 hours ago, Kevinb said:

Kevin for a young guy you have the most old man fascination with old school stats I've ever seen -- it's actually funny.   The Angels FIP this year is 4.34 -- thats 6th best in the AL.   Not sure that the numbers can really be used cross league but that 4.34 would rank 11th overall in MLB.

They definitely need to add pitching, but the defense has really dinged the pitchers.  They have pitched better than the results, but the defense has been atrocious.