• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trevor Bauer on free agency

Docwaukee

7 hours ago, ScottT said:

I'm not a fan of the person.

But one year five innings every four days... I'm in. It doesn't seem like a crazy workload and if he does blow out his arm, so what.... its one year

It’s still just 200 innings.

I’d offer a compromise, some 4th days where an off day occurs.   Maybe 35 starts, in between 6-7 innings average for between 210-245 innings?

1 hour ago, AngelStew43 said:

Bauer is a SoCal guy.  I hope that being close to home for him will help.  Also, I think we're maybe 1 quality starter away from contention every year.  

Trout and Rendon as core offensive players should help to sway him enough to at least listen to our offer.  

I think we're pretty close to being the team Bauer described.  

Unfortunately, that means the Dogs too.

16 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Or, go over the tax threshold for one year, and then $24 million frees up.

Fresh off of Rendon Arte just bought a stadium, gave to POTUS and most likely didn’t make any money this season. New CBA too he’s most likely to pinch this offseason. 

I highly doubt the Angels will be competitive on Bauer. He's put himself into the top bracket, probably comparable to Strasburg's 7/$245. That's $33M AAV. If he goes for one year, it will be $35-40M.

The Angels will go after a Gausman or Odorizzi type and kick the tires on trades.

Bundy, Heaney, and Canning are already pencilled into the rotation. Barria looks like he's earned a spot. Then you have Sandoval and Ohtani. They'll want at least one mid-rotation type to shore things up, but probably not more than one.

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I highly doubt the Angels will be competitive on Bauer. He's put himself into the top bracket, probably comparable to Strasburg's 7/$245. That's $33M AAV. If he goes for one year, it will be $35-40M.

The Angels will go after a Gausman or Odorizzi type and kick the tires on trades.

Bundy, Heaney, and Canning are already pencilled into the rotation. Barria looks like he's earned a spot. Then you have Sandoval and Ohtani. They'll want at least one mid-rotation type to shore things up, but probably not more than one.

Gausman has a similar background to Bundy.   Get him with Callaway, and who knows what happens.

Still only 29

Edited by Angel Oracle

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Gausman has a similar background to Bundy.   Get him with Callaway, and who knows what happens.

Still only 29

Yeah.  As much as I'd like Bauer, realistically, Gausman is probably the "tier" of SP they'd pursue.

He's posted 1 fWAR in ~50 IP this year, so projecting that out, that makes him a 3-4 fWAR SP with a full season of starts.

While I'd prefer an ace, that's certainly a very solid addition.  Our rotation would be something like Bundy, Heaney, Gausman, Canning, Barria.  Not as robust as with Bauer, but that's still pretty solid.  If, BIG if, Ohtani can actually flash his ace form, then that rotation gets even better.

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Or, go over the tax threshold for one year, and then $24 million frees up.

If Arte isnt willing to go over it this year when we are so close to being competitive with Pujpls coming off the books the next year than he isn't the same guy that paid heavily in 2003 to bring in Vladdy, Escobar, Colon, and Guillen.

I think the Braves a teams to look out for, they need pitching, and have the money. Another thing, if Bauer is really looking for one year deals, the braves have been know to give out big one year deals.

Padres its going to be interesting, they have crop of young pitchers coming up and than Clev is a free agent after next year. Plus they already have money tighten up . I can see them staying put.

Dodgers are concerns. 

8 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

I think the Braves a teams to look out for, they need pitching, and have the money. Another thing, if Bauer is really looking for one year deals, the braves have been know to give out big one year deals.

Padres its going to be interesting, they have crop of young pitchers coming up and than Clev is a free agent after next year. Plus they already have money tighten up . I can see them staying put.

Dodgers are concerns. 

The Dodgers will be a player for sure, as will the Padres.  Clevinger has two more years with the Padres.