• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trevor Bauer on free agency

Docwaukee

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/09/trevor-bauer-on-free-agency.html

“I want to win. I want to be with a team that has a winning culture. I want to be there in the playoffs. I want a chance at a World Series. That’s one thing that really drives me. I want a chance to pitch every fourth day instead of every fifth. That really drives me. Going along with that: how’s the medical staff? How’s the technology — the information that’s available on the coaching staff? What’s the culture of the organization like?”

I would temper expectations a bit ladies and gents. 

4 hours ago, ScottT said:

I'm not a fan of the person.

But one year five innings every four days... I'm in. It doesn't seem like a crazy workload and if he does blow out his arm, so what.... its one year

If you read the full article, he backtracked on the one year deal thing...he’s quirky but only a dumb ass would do that....

He’s only going to sign here if he truly wants to be here. We could offer the most money and I don’t think it will persuade him. 

It’s gonna come down to him wanting to play for Maddon, reuniting with Callaway, to play with Trout, playing in SoCal, and a lot of money. Not saying it won’t happen but it feels like a lot has to go right. The Dodgers or Padres arguably can offer everything we can. 

Edited by totdprods

I find it funny that he will now consider a multi year free agent deal, but then says another ridiculous thing in wanting to be part of a 4 man rotation.  That doesn’t happen in a bubble, it requires 3 more guys that can do it and the 3-5 other pitchers that will be ready to go when there are injuries.  

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I find it funny that he will now consider a multi year free agent deal, but then says another ridiculous thing in wanting to be part of a 4 man rotation.  That doesn’t happen in a bubble, it requires 3 more guys that can do it and the 3-5 other pitchers that will be ready to go when there are injuries.  

I think he would be fine with a 5 man rotation for the right contract on a team that has a propensity to win a lot of games. He’s going to make a lot of money. 

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

He’s only going to sign here if he truly wants to be here. We could offer the most money and I don’t think it will persuade him. 

It’s gonna come down to him wanting to play for Maddon, reuniting with Callaway, to play with Trout, playing in SoCal, and a lot of money. Not saying it won’t happen but it feels like a lot has to go right. The Dodgers or Padres arguably can offer everything we can. 

One of our biggest issues is how much we have left to spend. I think this type of signing will have to wait until Pujols is off the books. 

Bauer is a SoCal guy.  I hope that being close to home for him will help.  Also, I think we're maybe 1 quality starter away from contention every year.  

Trout and Rendon as core offensive players should help to sway him enough to at least listen to our offer.  

I think we're pretty close to being the team Bauer described.  

It actually would work fine in a 16-game cycle, with Bauer every 4 starts and Ohtani every six:

Bauer, Bundy, Heaney, Canning, Bauer, OhtaniBundy, Heaney, Bauer, Canning, Ohtani, Bundy, Bauer, Heaney, Canning, Ohtani...

That's Bauer 4 and everyone else 3. By the end of the season Bauer might have 35-40 starts, Bundy/Heaney/Canning about 30 each, and Ohtani 20-25. Assuming health.

And then it repeats. 

3 hours ago, RendZone said:

One of our biggest issues is how much we have left to spend. I think this type of signing will have to wait until Pujols is off the books. 

I've wondered about that too....just not sure, after all the losses every team is experiencing this year, that Arte is going to spend big this winter....maybe not until Pujols and Upton are both off the books in 2 years....

12 minutes ago, DMVol said:

I've wondered about that too....just not sure, after all the loses every team is experiencing this year, that Arte is going to spend big this winter....maybe not until Pujols and Upton are both off the books in 2 years....

Yeah I think you’re right. Also with a new CBA pending it might not be a good year for free agents either.