• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Taylor Ward answer for RF 2021?

Angels 1961

54 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

All Ward has to do to serve the team is play a decent RF and hit at a .700 OPS until Adell and/or Marsh are ready. That's is, and he's got a good shot of it.

I think we need more than a .700 OPS from a guy getting everyday AB’s.  I mean, if we’re hoping for the team to be good. 

13 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think we need more than a .700 OPS from a guy getting everyday AB’s.  I mean, if we’re hoping for the team to be good. 

Oakland has three players sub 700 and one 701

Chicago cubs has 3 sub 700 players on their lineup.

White six has two sub 700

Astros have three sub 700

The twins have six sub 700

TB has two sub 700

Yankees have three sub 700

Even the Dodgers have one sub 700

*based on tonight's lineup.

Edited by stormngt

I say you enter this off-season with the plan of putting Ward in RF, Walsh at 1B, Simmons at SS, Fletcher at 2B, Ohtani and Pujols platoon at DH, Canning, Barria and Ohtani in the rotation, Adell and Marsh in AAA and Detmers and Jordyn Adams in AA.

If you can work from that basic premise, you can correctly identify, target, pursue and hopefully bring in the difference making pitching that's necessary.

I was thinking of comps for Taylor Ward if he were going to be in right field more often and thought about this one: Nick Markakis? More of a line drive hitter with good discipline with sneaky good speed. Markakis was a plus fielder with an elite arm. I am not sure if Ward's arm is up to par but I think Ward can be an above-average right fielder eventually.

Edited by rafibomb

On 9/19/2020 at 8:06 PM, Second Base said:

I say you enter this off-season with the plan of putting Ward in RF, Walsh at 1B, Simmons at SS, Fletcher at 2B, Ohtani and Pujols platoon at DH, Canning, Barria and Ohtani in the rotation, Adell and Marsh in AAA and Detmers and Jordyn Adams in AA.

If you can work from that basic premise, you can correctly identify, target, pursue and hopefully bring in the difference making pitching that's necessary.

You cannot count on Ohtani in rotation he would be a big plus but plan starters without him. He needs lot of work on his hitting. You forgot about Bundy.

9 hours ago, rafibomb said:

I was thinking of comps for Taylor Ward if he were going to be in right field more often and thought about this one: Nick Markakis? More of a line drive hitter with good discipline with sneaky good speed. Markakis was a plus fielder with an elite arm. I am not sure if Ward's arm is up to par but I think Ward can be an above-average right fielder eventually.

He has shown a pretty good arm, may not be elite but it could be with experience.