Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Diamondbacks (9/15/2020)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wasting Walsh’s prime. 

Man I'm on board to bring Simmons back if they can't work out a 2-3 year deal, then go all in for Bauer or sign two of Stroman & Tanaka (maybe he'll come out west to be closer to home and have a J

Damn, now Ward hitting too? I'm gonna have to scrub my post history.

Posted Images

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Man I'm on board to bring Simmons back if they can't work out a 2-3 year deal, then go all in for Bauer or sign two of Stroman & Tanaka (maybe he'll come out west to be closer to home and have a Japanese teammate in Ohtani). Then sign Liam Hendriks to close. 

Upton and Simmons are hitting really well, if they can fix Ohtani at the plate and get his arm right. This team could be scary good. 

It comes down to price.  The Angels best run prevention IF has Simmons at SS and Fletcher at 2B with Rengifo doing Aybar weird shit (while taking walks) as the UT guy

31 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

The predictive data for both Ward and Walsh was very promising last year in AAA.  Yes, everyone in the PCL hits a ton, that's why you look to the weighted data and look for guys outperforming the league.  Ward, Walsh, and Thaiss were all showing up in the areas that tend to point towards future success.   The bad season has allowed them to pile up the steady at bats and they look to be getting more comfortable.  Silver lining maybe.

Walsh btw started today with a babip of .237... Its not been a lucky streak, his statcast data is on point.

Wow that's ridiculous. Was just going to look up his BABIP too and was certain it would be in the .400's

6 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Front line starter extend Simmons and bullpen help.

Perhaps it's a good idea but, Simmons avg is really pretty overrated, his OBP/OPS is quite sub pedestrain, his righty bat is also not the best thing to have in a lineup chock full of righties.  It's also a shame Rengifo nor Berreto have shown up at all.

2 minutes ago, Angel said:

Perhaps it's a good idea but, Simmons avg is really pretty overrated, his OBP/OPS is quite sub pedestrain, his righty bat is also not the best thing to have in a lineup chock full of righties.  It's also a shame Rengifo nor Berreto have shown up at all.

How many shortstops are left handed?

His OPS is fine with me if he delivers the defense.  We do not need a slugger out of that position.  Neither Rengifro nor Barretto is as good as a hitter and they are not on the same planet defensiveky.

5 minutes ago, Angel said:

Yea, and he is still a supreme defensive player that saves runs, something this team needs badly.