• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who was better in their prime years? Albert Pujols or Mike Trout?

Chuck

2 hours ago, stormngt said:

Since you cant figure out round was a typo.

What is the difference of drafting a 21 year old college junior or an HS graduate who claims to be 18 but might be 20?

If he dominated he should have been drafted someplace.  Hell we drafted the GMs nephew in round 25 (I believe not sure).  I would think if there was an undrafted high school stud with age questions someone would have said "what the hell give him a shot".

That is my point

We drafted Alfredo Amezega with the 401st pick, Pujols went 402.

Fucking Bavasi. 

7 hours ago, Blarg said:

office-space-gifs-9.gif

Very simple Blarg, the Cardinals took advantage of Albert’s great years and let him walk for his declining years. The Angels have wasted Trout’s best years to date and made sure to keep him for his declining years. Two different organizations with different philosophies. But the Cardinals have a shot at the postseason again. 

15 minutes ago, JustATroutFan said:

I wouldn't say way better than Trout. Barely better but Ted's way better than Pujols as a hitter. 

You're not being remotely honest with yourself. 

Through age 28 (Trout in 2020), Williams sported a career 196 OPS+. He was in the middle of a four season run between 1941 and 1947 where his OPS+ was between 235 and 205.  Why four years?  Because this guy went three years without playing due to WW2 and then put up a 215 OPS+.

From age 30 until his retirement at age 41 he posted a 186 OPS+....   Mike Trout through his prime is at 176.

Ted Williams was an otherworldly hitter.  2000+ walks .vs 709 Ks...

1 hour ago, cvdog said:

It's like as soon as he joined the Angels everything shutdown. It's not like the Angels have never done that before? 

I remember waiting game after game after game to see his 1st homerun as an Angel.  Then one night at the stadium my family and I are walking in the right outfield play area for kids and I hear a massive roar.  I sprint out of breezeway to see Pujol's first homerun as an angel and to my surprise, it was caught at the left field wall near the foul pole.  It's been a downer.

19 minutes ago, Puget Sound Angel said:

I think most would put prime Albert over prime Trout because of Albert's post-season success

Congrats to Albert's old teammates on the 83-78 Cardinals for being in a shitty division and helping him win games in the playoffs 

This is baseball. One guy can only bat once every nine times. That guy normally doesn't pitch.

One baseball player can't carry a team 

Baseball is not basketball 

Baseball is not football 

Baseball is not hockey 

Baseball is not soccer

I dont know about cricket... although I did watch it live once. 

There is only so much one player can do.