• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

#660 for Albert

Angel Oracle

The 10 year contract is personal services and has nothing to do with his MLB contract. Two separate entities.

At this point it would be gracious to give him the opportunity to finish his career with Cardinals and say goodbye to the fan base that saw his greatest years. 

The Hall of Fame chooses which uniform he is enshrined in. It will be as a Cardinal. 

On 9/19/2020 at 12:34 PM, Blarg said:

The 10 year contract is personal services and has nothing to do with his MLB contract. Two separate entities.

At this point it would be gracious to give him the opportunity to finish his career with Cardinals and say goodbye to the fan base that saw his greatest years. 

The Hall of Fame chooses which uniform he is enshrined in. It will be as a Cardinal. 

I’m going to assume this is a joke.  I know cardinals fans, they want nothing to do with Pujols until he is done.  He is the biggest dodged bullet for them in the past 10 years. Imagine his production there without the dh. 

On 9/19/2020 at 11:58 AM, Junkballer said:

Considering its unlikelihood I'm guessing you're being facetious.  Particularly considering the 10-year personal services contract that Arte had inserted, presumably to appropriate some of the glory after he is enshrined in the HOF with a Cards cap.  I suppose Arte thinks its worth a mil a year for 10 years to constrain AP to wearing only Angels gear in public, assumedly other than the actual induction ceremony.  Alternatively, perhaps he was in denial that AP would be inducted as a Card at the time of the signing.

I’m sure he thought it would be to celebrate the numerous big playoff hits and 1 or 2 World Series he brought.  240 million well spent.  Good work if you can find it.....