Jump to content

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Blarg said:

If he doesn't pick up that last home run this season he can try as a pinch hitter for the Cardinals next. That's how over I am with Pujols milestone chasing. 

Pujols hitting a statistically significant home run in a game that we lose 9-2 really isn't a big deal to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally catches Mays for 5th spot! Congrats Albert!

I'll leave my mom's porch light on for him.

it's a shame that while the baseball world will remember pujols with great awe and respect, angels fans will think of him as a gigantic drain on the team.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

It was a horrible signing and has tied the hands of halos for ten years. I blame Artie as Angels were bidding against themselves for Albert. No other team was coming close to 240. 

i agree. imagine if that money wasn't tied up in him. we could have used it to sign trout to a mega-expensive deal, or sign a stud like rendon. heck, we even could have signed a bum like josh hamilton..

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tank said:

it's a shame that while the baseball world will remember pujols with great awe and respect, angels fans will think of him as a gigantic drain on the team.

Well to be fair, he has had a disappointing stint here. I shit my pants when we signed him, because he’s Albert Pujols, and I’m sure most people here did, too—which is where the frustration and negativity comes from I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites

With the above quote from Albert Pujols: "It is far away." I hope he considers retiring early. He has earned over $100 million in his career. Sure another $20 or so million is nice, but he has to do what is right for the team. He is a prideful man. I hope he understands this. He should do the right thing.   

Link to post
Share on other sites

They could have had Lance Lynn and Dallas Keuchel or many others over the last decade. They could have had another World Series or two.

There is no way you can make the the case Pujols signing was anything other than a generational franchise killer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stax said:

With the above quote from Albert Pujols: "It is far away." I hope he considers retiring early. He has earned over $100 million in his career. Sure another $20 or so million is nice, but he has to do what is right for the team. He is a prideful man. I hope he understands this. He should do the right thing.   

You should check the math here...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stax said:

With the above quote from Albert Pujols: "It is far away." I hope he considers retiring early. He has earned over $100 million in his career. Sure another $20 or so million is nice, but he has to do what is right for the team. He is a prideful man. I hope he understands this. He should do the right thing.   

I agree but he has earned over 300 million.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RendZone said:

The Marlins wouldn’t provide a no trade clause and they couldn’t provide a DH spot. Albert would’ve been an even bigger disaster if he had signed with the Marlins. He knew that.

even if that were true, how does that negate the fact that the angels were not bidding against themselves or even the high bidder? it's a disaster contract we all know that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ukyah said:

even if that were true, how does that negate the fact that the angels were not bidding against themselves or even the high bidder? it's a disaster contract we all know that.

My favorite part is “He knew that” when the narrative has always been, “Albert still thinks he is a middle of the order bat”

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stradling said:

My favorite part is “He knew that” when the narrative has always been, “Albert still thinks he is a middle of the order bat”

He knew he wasn’t playing as well as he did in the past. The stats pointed towards decline before he signed with the Angels. Arte got caught in the moment and the rest is history. 

7802BEA2-5ECA-49A0-8255-45EA682BF6D7.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Game 6 said:

watch this look here GIF by Paul McCartney

 

don't agree with something so obviously wrong. 

the assertion isn't that albert was in decline. the assertion was that albert knew he was in decline, which is a load of bullshit.

also, notice that the numbers that he posted are awesome numbers btw, and he conveniently left out that albert hit 37 homers his last year in stl.

yeah, i'm sure albert was really thinking he was on his way down while he was crushing the ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ukyah said:

 

don't agree with something so obviously wrong. 

the assertion isn't that albert was in decline. the assertion was that albert knew he was in decline, which is a load of bullshit.

also, notice that the numbers that he posted are awesome numbers btw, and he conveniently left out that albert hit 37 homers his last year in stl.

yeah, i'm sure albert was really thinking he was on his way down while he was crushing the ball.

Yep that was exactly my point. Also the no trade clause wouldn’t mean a damn thing if he isn’t any good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ukyah said:

 

don't agree with something so obviously wrong. 

the assertion isn't that albert was in decline. the assertion was that albert knew he was in decline, which is a load of bullshit.

also, notice that the numbers that he posted are awesome numbers btw, and he conveniently left out that albert hit 37 homers his last year in stl.

yeah, i'm sure albert was really thinking he was on his way down while he was crushing the ball.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1686314-albert-pujols-bitterness-toward-cardinals-shows-he-regrets-decision-to-leave.amp.html

 

 

“It's no secret that Pujols, now 33, is on the decline. His production and performance has dropped off for “four straight seasons” now, following his third MVP campaign—and second straight—in 2009.”

 

And another story talking about the same thing. 
 

 

We like the illusion that baseball players can be good until their late 30s or even early 40s. And every now and again, a player like that does come along — you can look at what Ortiz is doing now. But it’s a rare, rare thing. Albert Pujols is doing EXACTLY what the Angels should have expected. They signed a 32-year-old player already showing signs of decline, moved him into a tougher hitters ballpark in a new league. If you take emotion out of the equation and forget that his name is Albert Pujols, his decline into oft-injured designated hitter who hits a few home runs would have been as predictable as the Anaheim weather.

But we can’t just take emotion out — what fun would baseball be without emotion. And so it’s important to remember just how good Pujols was and why the Angels wanted to believe.

Edited by RendZone
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RendZone said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1686314-albert-pujols-bitterness-toward-cardinals-shows-he-regrets-decision-to-leave.amp.html

 

 

“It's no secret that Pujols, now 33, is on the decline. His production and performance has dropped off for “four straight seasons” now, following his third MVP campaign—and second straight—in 2009.”

 

And another story talking about the same thing. 
 

 

We like the illusion that baseball players can be good until their late 30s or even early 40s. And every now and again, a player like that does come along — you can look at what Ortiz is doing now. But it’s a rare, rare thing. Albert Pujols is doing EXACTLY what the Angels should have expected. They signed a 32-year-old player already showing signs of decline, moved him into a tougher hitters ballpark in a new league. If you take emotion out of the equation and forget that his name is Albert Pujols, his decline into oft-injured designated hitter who hits a few home runs would have been as predictable as the Anaheim weather.

But we can’t just take emotion out — what fun would baseball be without emotion. And so it’s important to remember just how good Pujols was and why the Angels wanted to believe.

here's the where and why you fail.

i don't think anybody's debating with you the wisdom of the albert pujols contract. everybody that i'm aware of has accepted that contract as a colossal failure.

what you do over and over again is try to rewrite history as if everybody knew it AND you always put your narrative into the mind of the player, which is utter narcissistic bullshit.

you say everybody knew he was on decline and then cite an article written and published years after he was already with the angels. where are all the articles around the time of the end of his cardinals career? at least those would be prescient.

also, you say things like, "albert knew it too", which is such tripe as if you have any concept of what goes on in his mind. in fact i can guarantee otherwise because i can cite evidence to the contrary. all one has to do is read any quote of his over the entirety of his angel career and it's obvious that not only did he not know he was in decline then, he may still not now. i would recommend to you and anyone else who may read this, if they see themselves in it, stop behaving as if you know what is in the heart and mind of strangers, because you don't have a fucking clue.

you commit the classic american blunder, which is to represent your narrative as fact, and it's not. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...