• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

#660 for Albert

Angel Oracle

Pujols hasn’t been good for a while but it’s worse now.  At this point, Pujols in the batters box is just terminally boring.

Seriously is there another Angel that is more boring as a hitter than Albert Pujols?

I am emphasizing the word boring because while sucking is bad enough. . . being terrible and being boring makes him literally worthless in the lineup.

35 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

Pujols hasn’t been good for a while but it’s worse now.  At this point, Pujols in the batters box is just terminally boring.

Seriously is there another Angel that is more boring as a hitter than Albert Pujols?

I am emphasizing the word boring because while sucking is bad enough. . . being terrible and being boring makes him literally worthless in the lineup.

This year I have much more faith in Albert in the batters box than I do Ohtani. Ohtani to me, this year, is about as boring as they come.  

13 hours ago, ukyah said:

me too. he actually exists as two players in my mind.

superhuman cardinal HOF

and angel bum.

it's crazy.

Yeah - as a "baseball fan", he's a legendary player.  

As an "Angels Fan", he's a legendary waste of money. 

Yet another debacle on the list of bad Angels financial decisions (on the lists of worst trades and worst FA signings during the last 20 years, the Angels show up depressingly often.)

We'd be a hell of a lot more forgiving if we'd gotten any of his early career good years.

I thought we'd get 3 or 4 good, even great years out of him.  But we all know how that turned out. 

37 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

It was a horrible signing and has tied the hands of halos for ten years. I blame Artie as Angels were bidding against themselves for Albert. No other team was coming close to 240. 

Except the Marlins offered more than $240 million.  So no, they weren’t bidding against themselves and yes it ended up being an awful signing.  If it lead to the TV deal, which has been speculated, then it was a good deal, because it gave them the financial flexibility to sign Trout’s two deals and Rendon.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Except the Marlins offered more than $240 million.  So no, they weren’t bidding against themselves and yes it ended up being an awful signing.  If it lead to the TV deal, which has been speculated, then it was a good deal, because it gave them the financial flexibility to sign Trout’s two deals and Rendon.

I think they still think they get TV deal and I'm sure Albert has helped Trout grow as a player. Looking back signing Tori Hunter would have cost so much less and he could have been mentor for Trout. It has been a bad stretch since Pujols signing and not all blame goes on him. He will be here next year showing up in spring in great shape still hungry to win as another year will be wasted.