• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Jared Walsh the answer for 1B?

Angels 1961

20 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

Or it’s AW BS because Eppler’s first ever #16 pick was the second best Catcher in his own conference. And Eppler could have picked Will Smith or Gavin Lux but he picked Matty Ice. 

Dude what the hell?  You have been super defensive lately.  I’ve looked at quite a few draft projections from that year and not a single one had Will Smith that high.  Congrats on being one of two guys, you and Friedman, that saw that one coming.  I have seen one or two have Lux as a first rounder, but none that high.  Most mock drafts had us taking a high school outfielder named Alex Kirillough.  

2 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

WTF? I thought this about you thinking Matt Thaiss was the correct choice in 2016? You are really a dick for taking this personal.

The reality is a 39th round pick by Dipoto beat out a 1st round pick by Eppler.

That is baseball. It happens on the field. But for some reason you want to act like Dr. Phil. What a joke.  

So no hug, got it.  

On 9/13/2020 at 12:19 PM, DMVol said:

He is solid defensively but his range is limited obviously.....I would rather have a more versatile bench guy but if he signs off to be strictly a bench guy next year, not a part time starter, I could live with it....I would doubt that he would sign off on that though....

I just hope he takes his milestones and rides off into the sunset.  One of the off-season goals was a LHB for 1B, if that can turn out to be some combination of Walsh/Thaiss (both LHBs), that's a much better use of roster spots for the league minimum.

On 9/13/2020 at 6:10 PM, Angel Oracle said:

Yep, Thaiss was drafted so that they could offer more money to Marsh.

That extra money ended up going towards signing Chris Rodriguez once Marsh was diagnosed with the stress fracture in his back.  The Angels essentially offered slot and went to work on Williams and Rodriguez.  Both signed before Marsh.

13 hours ago, Stradling said:

Ok. Or they had their eyes set on someone else that got selected ahead of us in the 2nd round.  Also time will tell.   He’s made the majors.  

The Marsh signing bonus was impacted by a back fracture. 

Dude got slot AFTER the diagnosis, it was in fact something people were concerned with after they spent money that was expected to go to him on Williams and Rodriguez.  Marsh was set to go to Kennesaw which is one of those schools like Chipola, Lewis and Clark, and Grand Canyon College, small but known for their baseball programs.  He had publicly said he intended to sign so despite Williams flaming out it seems to have been a solid gamble for the Angels.

Tell your draft eligible kiddies to refrain from commenting on their desire to go pro until after they get their physicals fellas!

3 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

The Marsh signing bonus was impacted by a back fracture. 

Dude got slot AFTER the diagnosis, it was in fact something people were concerned with after they spent money that was expected to go to him on Williams and Rodriguez.  Marsh was set to go to Kennesaw which is one of those schools like Chipola, Lewis and Clark, and Grand Canyon College, small but known for their baseball programs.  Marsh had publicly said he intended to sign so despite Williams flaming out it seems to have been a solid gamble for the Angels.

Tell your draft eligible kiddies to refrain from commenting on their desire to go pro until after they get their physicals fellas!

Ok that sound familiar.  Thanks.  So big upside in both Marsh and Rodriguez but both had back injuries.  

Cheap and a LHed bat is exactly what this lineup needs -- plus actually being good.  Walsh should play everyday here-on-out to see if this is valid results.  If so, bodes well for 2021.  IDK is he plays 1B or DH in getting those ABs this year..  Preferably 1B, but i'm fine letting Albert have some meaningless ABs this year if it means less AP in 2021. 

If Walsh keeps this up, in 2021, he should be the starting 1B against RHers and DH on non-Ohtani days.  AP can PH and occasionally get starts against LHers.  

25 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

No. He made it personal. So I called him out. It's over You can move on.

I made it personal by asking you why you reacted the way you did.  Once again, you have zero self awareness.  You take everything on here personally lately.  Not every interaction needs to have a victim.