• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Jared Walsh the answer for 1B?

Angels 1961

1 hour ago, DMVol said:

He has been a part time starter, probably started 35% of our games.....and he hasn’t been terrible....if they want to use him strictly as a bench guy, ok....but if we have a viable option to play every day at 1b....Walsh or Thaiss or even Ohtani...I don’t think it’s putting your best lineup out there to start a 41 year old guy 35% of the time....

I currently I have much more confidence in Pujols bat than Ohtani.   However Ohtani does need to given leeway to snap out of his funk.  I just don't think it will be this year.

Thaiss needs to be given consistent playing time.  

49 minutes ago, Angel said:

So age makes up for that uncanny valley between a minor league professional and Major League Ballplayer? Who's to say Thaiss isn't infinitely far away from being an average MLB infielder.  Like a lunar probe originally destined for the Moon is now set course for the nearest star, it should only take 80,000 years or so.

Not once has Thaiss looked even remotely as confident or talented as Walsh has the last week.  Time is not on our side to wait around and hope to see it.

Yea, I get it, you aren’t smart.  Thanks for the quote.  

2 hours ago, Angel said:

So age makes up for that uncanny valley between a minor league professional and Major League Ballplayer? Who's to say Thaiss isn't infinitely far away from being an average MLB infielder.  Like a lunar probe originally destined for the Moon is now set course for the nearest star, it should only take 80,000 years or so.

Not once has Thaiss looked even remotely as confident or talented as Walsh has the last week.  Time is not on our side to wait around and hope to see it.

With the exception of Trout and Rendon who have we had in the last 10 years that looked as good as Walsh has the last week?

Thaiss had a decent first year.  This year he  only has 24 ABs.  He needs a chance.  However unless he becomes a utility player it wont be for the Angel's.  

2 hours ago, Angel said:

The nearest to us besides our sun is roughly 4 light years away. Voyager travels at 38,000 MPH and it would take it roughly 70,000 years to reach Proxima Centauri 24 trillion miles away.

1 hour ago, stormngt said:

I currently I have much more confidence in Pujols bat than Ohtani.   However Ohtani does need to given leeway to snap out of his funk.  I just don't think it will be this year.

Thaiss needs to be given consistent playing time.  

Right now Thaiss does not have a spot to play. Walsh has made his statement to be the everyday 1B. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea, I get it, you aren’t smart.  Thanks for the quote.  

Not understanding what I said makes who stupid? 

I am sorry but you are now on ignore for me, can't have a conversation with someone who can't comprehend anything I say and constantly assaults my character.

Stradling, a true idiot.

1 minute ago, Angel said:

I am sorry but you are now on ignore for me, can't have a conversation with someone who can't comprehend anything I say and constantly assaults my character.

I’m insulting your intelligence not your character.  

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Wasn’t there a story that came out that Thaiss was drafted as a safe pick/easy sign because they were going after a harder sign/over slot guy in the 2nd round?  

That was certainly part of the narrative on draft day. That and the idea that Thaiss was a can't miss hitter who wasn't that far from the big leagues giving a barren system a projectable prospect. He has clearly been a disappointment from those expectations.

2 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

The nearest to us besides our sun is roughly 4 light years away. Voyager travels at 38,000 MPH and it would take it roughly 70,000 years to reach Proxima Centauri 24 trillion miles away.

Did you just correct a dude who said it would take 80,000 years to travel to the nearest star by saying, 'no, it'll take 70,000 years?'

35 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

That was certainly part of the narrative on draft day. That and the idea that Thaiss was a can't miss hitter who wasn't that far from the big leagues giving a barren system a projectable prospect. He has clearly been a disappointment from those expectations.

Yep, Thaiss was drafted so that they could offer more money to Marsh.

I’ve read of both Thaiss and Walsh having altered their swings extensively after being recalled from LB. I think I read the same for Ward. All recently. Have hope for all three of them currently. 

Bemboom also showing increased power this year going back to the first ST. Jeremy Reed was able to help Kole click, and La Stella, Goodwin, and Castro all showed improved power/hard contact once they worked with him as well. These things take time but I am encouraged.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I’m insulting your intelligence not your character.  

But for some reason 2 other people responded my post without throwing a fit, I wonder why?  

I assume they have better reading comprehension and don't hold weird grudges.

1 minute ago, Angel said:

But for some reason 2 other people responded to that same post without throwing a fit, I wonder why?  

Grudges?  Don’t flatter yourself, even if you told me your old name, the one that caused someone to give you the boot I wouldn’t remember who you are.  To me guys like you are all the same.   You hop on here, say absurd things to get some attention, then when you get it you throw a fit.  

5 hours ago, Angel said:

Stradling, a true idiot.

1 hour ago, Angel said:

But for some reason 2 other people responded my post without throwing a fit, I wonder why?  

I thought you put him on ignore? 

56 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

Marsh was the 2nd round pick and received his proper slotting bonus of $1,073,300 as the 60th pick in the 2016 draft.

Time tells the truth. Thaiss was a bad pick.

Ok. Or they had their eyes set on someone else that got selected ahead of us in the 2nd round.  Also time will tell.   He’s made the majors.