• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rangers (9/9/2020) - Thaiss in LF

Chuck

21 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Someone should ask Joe if he is aware that the Angels have a massive hole at the position that just so happens to be Thaiss' natural position...

The Angels used their #1 picks, two years in a row to draft a catcher. Quality scouting by the organization created this massive hole. I know, who could possibly know what prospect will develop into a major league player, blah, blah, blah.

The Dodgers, Tampa Bay, Oakland, just to name a few, don’t seem to have this problem. I don’t care if Eppler stays or goes, but the scouting and player development needs to improve for this team to have a chance. 

9 minutes ago, eligrba said:

The Angels used their #1 picks, two years in a row to draft a catcher. Quality scouting by the organization created this massive hole. I know, who could possibly know what prospect will develop into a major league player, blah, blah, blah.

The Dodgers, Tampa Bay, Oakland, just to name a few, don’t seem to have this problem. I don’t care if Eppler stays or goes, but the scouting and player development needs to improve for this team to have a chance. 

Again, Ward is a Dipoto selection.

25 minutes ago, eligrba said:

you should look to see what assets those teams have accumulated in their farm systems via the draft since Eppler took over as GM versus what the Angels have during that time.  The Dogs had a monster 2016 draft.  Head and shoulders above every team in all of baseball to an almost historical level actually.  

the rest could be argued that we've actually done better.  

If your expectation is that any team drafts like the dogs did in 2016 then you are going to be disappointed for the rest of your life.  

20 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

you should look to see what assets those teams have accumulated in their farm systems via the draft since Eppler took over as GM versus what the Angels have during that time.  The Dogs had a monster 2016 draft.  Head and shoulders above every team in all of baseball to an almost historical level actually.  

the rest could be argued that we've actually done better.  

If your expectation is that any team drafts like the dogs did in 2016 then you are going to be disappointed for the rest of your life.  

I need help with this.  I don't follow the organization close enough to know anything other than what I see on tv.  I get disappointed when all I see are AAA players who peak at AAAA.  I want more David Fletcher stories and less Taylor Ward stories.

35 minutes ago, stormngt said:

714 OPS in his first call up isn't really that bad.

This year he has had a grand total of 15 at bats.  

Small sample for sure....he wasn’t terrible in 164 AB’s last year....but you need to take advantage at some point.....he also needs to find a position, probably 1b....