• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fires

Obviously off to another great start to the fire season. Not sure where the current ones are, but my truck is covered in ash.

Talked to a friend whos working a fire up near Monterrey, and said they had 10 guys burned last night.

@PattyD22, if youre out on the line, stay safe, brother.

7 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Thanks TORS.  My engine is currently assigned to the El Dorado Fire in Yucaipa.  Been here since 9/4, but before that we were assigned to the Lightning CZU Complex near Santa Cruz and was there for 15 days.

Ive seen the wife twice in 22 days, and missed the birth of Grandson #2 4 days ago.  

Haven’t seen much Halo baseball in the last 3 weeks because of crappy cell service, but for some reason near Forest Falls, I have a signal.  Miss the AW board but will hopefully be back soon.

You hang tough, brother. Hope you guys get a break soon... or at least before november...

We should be in the playoffs by then.....

@PattyD22

My daughter lives in Yucaipa.

She is thankful that you and all your guys are battling to save whatever you can.

She said the fire was going towards Mentone yesterday.

11,000 acres burned so far. 

Here's  an update from the fire department. 

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2020/9/5/el-dorado-fire/

Edited by Redondo

8 hours ago, Redondo said:

@PattyD22

My daughter lives in Yucaipa.

She is thankful that you and all your guys are battling to save whatever you can.

She said the fire was going towards Mentone yesterday.

11,000 acres burned so far. 

Here's  an update from the fire department. 

https://www.fire.ca.gov/incidents/2020/9/5/el-dorado-fire/

So we are doing structure protection in the Forest Falls/Mountain Home Village area off Highway 38.  The fire jumped Highway 38 yesterday and is making a run north towards Angeles Oaks.  As far as Mentone, I’m not sure how far South it’s going because we are not on that branch of the fire.  I’d suspect since Mentone is flatter, they would be able to make a stop on that branch pretty easily.  Yesterday, we were battling the wind as well as topography.  Today, there is significantly less wind which should help.

I hope your daughter is safe and her property survived.

23 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

So we are doing structure protection in the Forest Falls/Mountain Home Village area off Highway 38.  The fire jumped Highway 38 yesterday and is making a run north towards Angeles Oaks.  As far as Mentone, I’m not sure how far South it’s going because we are not on that branch of the fire.  I’d suspect since Mentone is flatter, they would be able to make a stop on that branch pretty easily.  Yesterday, we were battling the wind as well as topography.  Today, there is significantly less wind which should help.

my church has a summer camp just past angeles oaks called camp cedar falls. we were told the staff had to evacuate yesterday. we remain hopeful the camp can be saved. i worked there for three summers and went there for various retreats and church functions over the years. it holds a very special place for me and many of my friends.

there's an A&W in mentone. as long as that gets saved, everything will be okay.

1 hour ago, PattyD22 said:

Are the winds keeping the aircrews grounded, or are they able to work right now? 

3 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Thank you for the update.

Take care.

And all your crew also.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:42 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Are the winds keeping the aircrews grounded, or are they able to work right now? 

Mostly the smoke, from what I have heard.

Thankfully for us, we are the only western state without a slew of major wildfires (we have a couple, but they aren't extensive). Apart from one day last week when visibility was about 15-20 feet, mostly the smoke has been blowing away from us.