• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

So Trout is the AL MVP, right?

Dtwncbad

I think there are '4' viable candidates in the AL for the MVP Award this year. Shane Bieber (Clev), Nelson Cruz (Minn), Jose Abreu (White Sox), and Mike Trout (LAA). And 3 of those players are on teams that have a chance to make it into the play-offs.  I think it's going to come down to which one gets the hottest over the last 3-4 weeks of the season.

Go Trout.

16 minutes ago, fanfromday1 said:

I think there are '4' viable candidates in the AL for the MVP Award this year. Shane Bieber (Clev), Nelson Cruz (Minn), Jose Abreu (White Sox), and Mike Trout (LAA). And 3 of those players are on teams that have a chance to make it into the play-offs.  I think it's going to come down to which one gets the hottest over the last 3-4 weeks of the season.

Go Trout.

Rendon is ahead of Trout in WAR. How could you not put Rendon in there?

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Which is crazy considering the time Rendon missed and his rough start with the Angels. 

Rendon since his rough start has been a steady hand. Lucky to have that guy on the Angels manning the hot corner for years to come. If Trout stays like this which he is very capable and the Angels can make the playoffs, then yes definitely Trout can win another MVP. Would be awesome to see. 

4 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

Rendon is ahead of Trout in WAR. How could you not put Rendon in there?

I wasn't aware of that. I'm not a big 'Stat' person like many on this forum. So thank you for bringing that to my attention.

However, if Rendon is now in the equation as an MVP candidate, that could hurt both him and Trout in the voting. They will be taking votes away from each other. I would be just as happy to see Rendon win the MVP as I would Trout. They are both deserving. 

Go Rendon - Go Trout

I'm not sure anyone can say for sure how the MVP is chosen, but I would guess the end result is on three relatively equal factors:

1. WAR

2. Other stats - especially OPS, HR, RBI, Runs

3. Other/Intangibles - defense, playing for a contender, personality, star power, etc

Right now no one has separated himself from the pack, with Trout, Rendon, Abreu, Anderson, and maybe Cruz all in the mix. Pitchers only seem to win it when no hitter separates himself, and/or a pitcher has such an amazing year. Last time was Kershaw in the NL in 2014.

13 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

I think Bieber is the leading candidate for the award right now. Trout is in the discussion. And so are both Rendon and Abreu. Don’t really care if Trout wins it this season. 

you seriously need to change your name. it's insane.