• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

PS5s, XBox Series x/s Consoles

RallyMo

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Dang! I know they’re popular at launch but I don’t remember previous ones being that tough to get 

Holy crap:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PS5-Sony-PlayStation-5-Console-Disc-Edition-Ships-ASAP/154204164341?hash=item23e748d0f5:g:wL8AAOSwsW1ft8gu

I can't imagine paying that much for something that basically does the same thing (right now, at least) as something I already have. 

So much better than the Prequel. I must say, they knocked it out of the park with the Jack character in BL2. He is so iconic they bring him back, well his body double, in an expansion pack. 

Best solo character is probably FL4K for shear damage and tankiness, good boss killer, the pet is annoying but helpful.

Favorite character is Zane with the clone and either shield or jet. Activate clone, run into battle then swap positions, like castling in chess. For laughs equip the clone with something like Nukem and he has a never ending supply of rocket launcher ammo.

Amara is a typical Siren, really hard to play solo and keep alive. She is programmed for melee but like Krieg those skills don't scale well. Better as a second player in a group. 

Moze has a Mech but it is more for show while you use grenades and splash damage to whittle down hordes. Grenades can be almost infinite, every time you hop in the mech your nades are restored. 

Loot can be either first come first nabs the exotic or you can set it for everyone gets a prize in loot chests. Players play scaled damage so if you are rolling level 12 and playing your buddies storyline at level 30 you do scaled up damage but get loot at your level. It makes team play better.

Lots of expansion packs and now there is a higher level cap with a fourth talent tree. As if figuring out multipliers in three trees was hard enough. 

• 3 weeks later...

Managed to snag a PS5 today from the playstation direct store.

I got lucky, these things have been selling out in literal seconds. Happened to be looking at my phone when a guy that I follow on twitter tweeted a link to the online queue. Got in pretty much immediately and snagged it.

On 12/8/2020 at 5:58 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Managed to snag a PS5 today from the playstation direct store.

I got lucky, these things have been selling out in literal seconds. Happened to be looking at my phone when a guy that I follow on twitter tweeted a link to the online queue. Got in pretty much immediately and snagged it.

Nice! Hope you enjoy it.

I've been out of the loop since I moved. I just realized I haven't played a game or used the PS in over a year. Set it up last weekend and have jumped back in. I can't wait to get the PS5 just for the load times. I forgot how brutal they can be for games like GTA and Red Dead. Curious to see the performance upgrades as I also use my PS for all media apps, movies, etc.

Plus, kind of cool to be able to play GTA on three different consoles....3, 4, and soon 5.

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2020 at 10:25 PM, Blarg said:

So much better than the Prequel. I must say, they knocked it out of the park with the Jack character in BL2. He is so iconic they bring him back, well his body double, in an expansion pack. 

Best solo character is probably FL4K for shear damage and tankiness, good boss killer, the pet is annoying but helpful.

Favorite character is Zane with the clone and either shield or jet. Activate clone, run into battle then swap positions, like castling in chess. For laughs equip the clone with something like Nukem and he has a never ending supply of rocket launcher ammo.

Amara is a typical Siren, really hard to play solo and keep alive. She is programmed for melee but like Krieg those skills don't scale well. Better as a second player in a group. 

Moze has a Mech but it is more for show while you use grenades and splash damage to whittle down hordes. Grenades can be almost infinite, every time you hop in the mech your nades are restored. 

Loot can be either first come first nabs the exotic or you can set it for everyone gets a prize in loot chests. Players play scaled damage so if you are rolling level 12 and playing your buddies storyline at level 30 you do scaled up damage but get loot at your level. It makes team play better.

Lots of expansion packs and now there is a higher level cap with a fourth talent tree. As if figuring out multipliers in three trees was hard enough. 

Microsoft currently has the Borderlands 3 Ultimate Edition (contains all DLC and expansion packs) on sale for $50. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger but I'm not sure if there are still plenty of players on their servers right now. I've learned that the Borderland games are tough as shit when you try to do them solo, especially when you get into the higher levels. 

Naw, you scale with the enemies but it is just more fun in a group, especially people you know. There is only monetary loss if you die, you don't lose loot so doing a restart against enemies is no big deal.

If you are worried about money nab a Money Mitosis Tracker grenade from a vending machine. Early game there is one that throws two grenades that both split into three and tracks, explodes and drops cash. Everyone in the group gets cash on pickups so if you have two players with those nades in about an hour you can buy anything you want. That includes backpack upgrades and Nade upgrades that allow you to carry up to ten. Wash rinse repeat, you are adding bank slots and loading out on ammo upgrades. 

On 2/17/2021 at 9:13 AM, Blarg said:

Naw, you scale with the enemies but it is just more fun in a group, especially people you know. There is only monetary loss if you die, you don't lose loot so doing a restart against enemies is no big deal.

If you are worried about money nab a Money Mitosis Tracker grenade from a vending machine. Early game there is one that throws two grenades that both split into three and tracks, explodes and drops cash. Everyone in the group gets cash on pickups so if you have two players with those nades in about an hour you can buy anything you want. That includes backpack upgrades and Nade upgrades that allow you to carry up to ten. Wash rinse repeat, you are adding bank slots and loading out on ammo upgrades. 

I bought the game and started it up this morning before going to work and ranked up a couple of levels. I chose Amara as my character to start but will probably level up all the characters anyways. I already like that there will be guns that can switch between shooting functions. That is a nice new element to the game. It's been a few years since playing BL2 and I can't remember if you start collecting the Badass points after the first playthrough 

Edited by Jason

Amara is the hardest to play. Typical siren that does little damage but has cool effects. Look for guns that have what they call appointments. Some are specific to characters that give them special attributes. Freeze is a very good function because it bypasses shielding to slow or complete freeze the enemy. Amara gets a lot of melee buffs so look for stabby weapons as well. 

On 2/24/2021 at 12:28 AM, Blarg said:

Amara is the hardest to play. Typical siren that does little damage but has cool effects. Look for guns that have what they call appointments. Some are specific to characters that give them special attributes. Freeze is a very good function because it bypasses shielding to slow or complete freeze the enemy. Amara gets a lot of melee buffs so look for stabby weapons as well. 

This game is really good and I appreciate the writing too. I’ve played a lot this weekend and now my wife is annoyed. The loot drops seem to be much better than the previous games too

• 2 weeks later...

So we just upgraded to an Xbox Series S from a regular Xbox One. 

I didn't see the need for a Series X at this time since I'm gonna ride with my 1080p plasma for a while more and we don't seem to be getting any non-digital games at this point.

So far, so good. The biggest benefit is the insane difference in load times.

Only downside is that we'll need to upgrade the AV receiver as it doesn't have an optical out. I'm OK with that as I've been using an 18 year old Onkyo to drive the audio.

If you have Game Pass and don't need the power of the Series X, this is kind of a no brainer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2021 at 8:15 AM, fishbulb said:

So we just upgraded to an Xbox Series S from a regular Xbox One. 

I didn't see the need for a Series X at this time since I'm gonna ride with my 1080p plasma for a while more and we don't seem to be getting any non-digital games at this point.

So far, so good. The biggest benefit is the insane difference in load times.

Only downside is that we'll need to upgrade the AV receiver as it doesn't have an optical out. I'm OK with that as I've been using an 18 year old Onkyo to drive the audio.

If you have Game Pass and don't need the power of the Series X, this is kind of a no brainer.

That's kind of a big deal right there. Like you, I play on older technology and don't feel like spending a bunch of money on a new receiver and TV right now. I just upgraded my Fios to 1GB and hardwired my xbox right to the router and it's crazy how fast I can download a game. A 9GB game took only 2 minutes to download. I had a Xbox Live Gold account that was pre-paid until May 31st so I upgraded to Game Pass for $1 a month for the remainder of my gold subscription. I may get a Xbox Series S or X when I have to start paying for the Game Pass

On 4/1/2021 at 3:25 PM, Jason said:

That's kind of a big deal right there. Like you, I play on older technology and don't feel like spending a bunch of money on a new receiver and TV right now. I just upgraded my Fios to 1GB and hardwired my xbox right to the router and it's crazy how fast I can download a game. A 9GB game took only 2 minutes to download. I had a Xbox Live Gold account that was pre-paid until May 31st so I upgraded to Game Pass for $1 a month for the remainder of my gold subscription. I may get a Xbox Series S or X when I have to start paying for the Game Pass

I wish FIOS was available here. My Spectrum service isn't bad, but I'd love to have fiber. 

Game Pass is such a great service.

I saw yesterday that MLB The Show 21 is going to be on there from day one. That's just awesome.

20 minutes ago, fishbulb said:

I wish FIOS was available here. My Spectrum service isn't bad, but I'd love to have fiber. 

Game Pass is such a great service.

I saw yesterday that MLB The Show 21 is going to be on there from day one. That's just awesome.

Holy hell! This just made my day 

• 3 weeks later...