• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will the Angels make the playoffs?

kevinb

Will the Angels make the playoffs?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Angels make the playoffs?

Well, we're 4.5 games back of two spots now.  18 games to play.

Very unlikely, yes.  If we finish strong and go 13-5 or 14-4, then I'd say we sure as hell have a shot.

If we can win tonight (not easy with Lynn pitching) and the Astros get swept in their DH (also not easy, since Greinke is pitching), then we'll only be 3 games back with 17 to play.  

15 hours ago, Kevinb said:

This is the team I thought would be here the full season. They started off dreadful and no one can argue against that. But they’ve turned it on of late! Can we make a historic run and make the playoffs? Once you get in everything is wiped clean and it’s any ones game. What do you think AngelsWin faithful? I’m starting to believe it’s possible...

I love the Angels, Kevin, but I believe we've reached the crest of the Angels' season.   Between our pitching and the hitting dearth of LaStella, Goodwin, and Fletcher, I don't see it although I'd love to experience the playoffs again.

29 minutes ago, Torridd said:

I love the Angels, Kevin, but I believe we've reached the crest of the Angels' season.   Between our pitching and the hitting dearth of LaStella, Goodwin, and Fletcher, I don't see it although I'd love to experience the playoffs again.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I always do, but at the same time my brain understands math.  There is a reason we are at a 6% chance to make the playoffs.  

I will hold out hope for the both of ya. I was completely out a couple weeks ago. I don’t know why but I’m feeling different since the San Diego series. I thought this team would be a force and it’s starting to look that way. Hopefully it continues. Now that I’ve said all this though I’ve probably reversed jinxed them and they’ll go on a 10 game losing streak. 😂

9 hours ago, Torridd said:

Tbh, we haven't had our youth come up in any waves, it's usually just one or two players, if we can get a wave of young home grown talent to get comfortable and succeed in the bigs and real soon, we have a shot.  Players like LaStella, Goodwin don't have the upside some of our call-ups have.