• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will the Angels make the playoffs?

kevinb

Will the Angels make the playoffs?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Angels make the playoffs?

This is the team I thought would be here the full season. They started off dreadful and no one can argue against that. But they’ve turned it on of late! Can we make a historic run and make the playoffs? Once you get in everything is wiped clean and it’s any ones game. What do you think AngelsWin faithful? I’m starting to believe it’s possible...

The poll question is not Can they, but Will they.  Even going 12-6 down the stretch is likely not enough, at least not unless we get a LOT of help.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the team showing life and energy, and signs of what they can do next year, but it just took too long to get it started this year I fear.

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Any big gains will likely need to be this week.   After 7 tough games for the Cheaters against the A’th and Dogs, all 13 remaining games are against the Rangers, D-Backs, and M’s.

For this reason, I think we have a better path to the 8th seed than ALW2.

The Blue Jays have 20 games remaining.  10 are against the Yankees, 4 against the Phillies, 3 against the Mets, and 3 against the Orioles.

If they go 3-7 against the Yankees, 1-3 against the Phillies, and 3-3 against the Mets/Orioles, that puts them at 29-31.

We'd have to go 12-6 to tie them.  So in this regard - I think we can catch the Blue Jays, but we have to root for the Yankees (yes, yes, I know..) to crush them to help give us the best shot possible, and of course, we have win a lot of games.

Our schedule is fairly light until the last week - 2 against the Padres, 3 against the Dodgers.  The "bright side" is that by those last 3 games, the Dodgers will likely have clinched the #1 seed and will just be coasting and trying to stay healthy, so they will likely be more beatable in those 3 games than they otherwise would be.

The Yankees have too much talent for me to seriously consider that we will catch them.

5 hours ago, Kevinb said:

This is the team I thought would be here the full season. They started off dreadful and no one can argue against that. But they’ve turned it on of late! Can we make a historic run and make the playoffs? Once you get in everything is wiped clean and it’s any ones game. What do you think AngelsWin faithful? I’m starting to believe it’s possible...

i'm definitely not shitting on anyone's optimism, but i don't think this is the team you expected to see. the angels bullpen continues to be shit even during this 4 game sweep. it just happened to work out.

having said that, i've never expected the angels to finish with the worst record or next either. so, i guess i'm unintentionally shitting on both spectrums of hope for this season. they're not going to make the post season and they're not going to finish high enough to grab one of the top three "gems".

here's the not shitting on hopes part. accepting that neither extreme is likely, then they may as well win or lose as many as they can to create a thrill ride of a season for some fans.