• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Another Callaway benefit

Angel Oracle

What I think an issue may be that is harder to see/observe is that given Arte has made numerous furloughs and cutbacks, it's possible that our scouting and game-prep abilities are inferior to most other teams.  It's hard to really observe or know those things, but given the cutbacks, I wouldn't be surprised if we're behind most teams in that regard.

The coaching group looks good to me, but if they aren't provided with similar data and information as other teams, it's hard for them to do their best job.

4 minutes ago, Warfarin said:

What I think an issue may be that is harder to see/observe is that given Arte has made numerous furloughs and cutbacks, it's possible that our scouting and game-prep abilities are inferior to most other teams.  It's hard to really observe or know those things, but given the cutbacks, I wouldn't be surprised if we're behind most teams in that regard.

The coaching group looks good to me, but if they aren't provided with similar data and information as other teams, it's hard for them to do their best job.

From an LA Times article:

The Angels this week reversed course on their decision to furlough nine scouts after Major League Baseball lifted a ban on in-person scouting, according to a person familiar with the situation who was not authorized to publicly comment on Thursday.

Last month, the Angels drew criticism when they announced severe cuts across various departments. Among them, members of the team’s player development staff and minor league coaches and coordinators would be furloughed June 1. All their area scouts were to be furloughed on that date, about a week and a half before the start of the abbreviated amateur-player draft. They had planned to lay off cross-checkers in mid-June.

Additionally this year there’s been no in person scouting allowed.  

19 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

They have allowed the 7th fewest HRs in the AL so far.

The previous time they were in the top 9 was way back in 2015.

Bundy and Heaney have allowed just SIX between them in 94 innings.

7th fewest in the AL means basically league average?

Not trying to be a jerk, but is being league average an acceptable bar for celebration?

Edited by Dtwncbad