• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

According to MiLBAdvocates, Angels are not paying their Minor Leaguers despite saying they'd be paid $400/week stipends through August

rafibomb

I fear that this discussion (like every discussion that has a hint of political relevance) will escalate into a Spin Forum-level argument. Chuck tried to make it go that way in his post about kneeling.

I think we can all agree that if we believe Alden Gonzalez is accurate, what the Angels did is most likely legal and good business sense, but also shitty to the players who feel like they were duped. The Angels then immediately responding with a milquetoast statement that reframes the discussion? That was also shitty. Rather than taking the high road, they took the Bill Clinton defense.

26 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I fear that this discussion (like every discussion that has a hint of political relevance) will escalate into a Spin Forum-level argument. Chuck tried to make it go that way in his post about kneeling.

I think we can all agree that if we believe Alden Gonzalez is accurate, what the Angels did is most likely legal and good business sense, but also shitty to the players who feel like they were duped. The Angels then immediately responding with a milquetoast statement that reframes the discussion? That was also shitty. Rather than taking the high road, they took the Bill Clinton defense.

I dunno.  I don’t think pathological pettiness and penny pinching is good business.  Are we even talking about $100K here ? Lol ridiculous. 

54 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I dunno.  I don’t think pathological pettiness and penny pinching is good business.  Are we even talking about $100K here ? Lol ridiculous. 

I think paying an employee what they're contractually owed (for not doing any work, mind you) is fair.