• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

According to MiLBAdvocates, Angels are not paying their Minor Leaguers despite saying they'd be paid $400/week stipends through August

rafibomb

21 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I am not even going to go back and figure out who brought up this point, but its a fair point that the “minimum wage” is something that varies by state, so it’s hard to use that as a real barometer. 

MLB is exempt from paying minimum wage or overtime to players, thanks to a bill that was passed in 2018.  MLB successfully screwed MiLB owners during the process of getting the bill passed.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29795127/why-mlb-minor-leagues-know-end-sept-30

Democracy at work!!

2 hours ago, Game 6 said:

This sucks for a lot of people but at the end of the day four teams per organization is probably the correct amount - A, A+, AA, AAA. The lower level players training at MLB Spring training sites. Makes sense to me.

I learned more about the "Save America's Pastime Act of 2018" yesterday and know these guys are getting squeezed on both ends. 

MiLB needs a union I think.

At the very least MLB should have provided these teenagers and young adults with an advocate of some sort. They're put in a helpless situation by agreement of 3 parties that do not represent them in any way