• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

According to MiLBAdvocates, Angels are not paying their Minor Leaguers despite saying they'd be paid $400/week stipends through August

rafibomb

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

The Angels are denying it.  So I am going to assume since this is super easy to prove they wouldn’t deny it unless it was false.

Has there been any formal statement made by them somewhere? There are many things that we can get on Arte's case about but this seems like something that would be out of character for him.

5 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I do find the way the Angels worded this interesting. They didn't flat out deny the report, so maybe there are non-contracted players who were counting on stipends to help them through the season? I'm not an expert on how minor leaguers are paid.

I do feel that this is an example of the Twitter mob getting out of hand before all the facts are known, especially if you look at the comments on the tweet. Also I'm not saying that the Angels response closes the book on this, I'm more saying it would be nice to get all the information out there before everyone cancels Arte.

21 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

I do find the way the Angels worded this interesting. They didn't flat out deny the report, so maybe there are non-contracted players who were counting on stipends to help them through the season? I'm not an expert on how minor leaguers are paid.

Sounds like some players aren't getting paid. If the original tweet was false the team would've said so, instead they made a second statement that reframes the discussion.

16 minutes ago, Thomas said:

That's what I took from it.

And it looks like Alden's reporting substantiates it. Gotta love that the Angels FO did all the leg work to figure out which players it didn't have to pay an extra 3 or 4 $400 paychecks to.

Also it's a terrible look when an org comes out and says it stopped paying you $400 a week because they already had paid you more than they thought they would've had to.

2 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Also it's a terrible look when an org comes out and says it stopped paying you $400 a week because they already had paid you more than they thought they would've had to.

Penny smart
Pound foolish

The Angels in four words.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

So the team paid the players everything they were due? 

It sounds like they estimated that number. The big problem here is that they announced they would be paying $400/wk stipends through August, not $400/wk through August for players they would've paid more than $400/wk through August to.