• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are you rooting for?

kevinb

I love Angels baseball and I’m so glad baseball is here and sports are happening. But I think I’ve given up I no longer care if they win I’m actually hoping they lose. As I’ve said multiple times before. If you’re not in the playoffs I hope for last place. There’s nothing productive about being 10th worse. If you’re going to be bad be awful. That’s why I wanted the Angels to trade Heaney Simmons and Bundy those players only help us win this year. Just get the highest pick possible and the most talent possible hire a new GM come back next year stronger. 

In 2020, I’m honestly curious what you guys and gals are rooting for? Do you want more Angel wins? Are you rooting for the first pick in the draft? Do you even care how the rest of the season goes or do you just want to see Trout Fletcher Rendon and the young kids perform well? Are you actually bummed out at an Angels loss? I don’t know just thinking out loud. This season sucks. But the first pick in the draft is the only hope I have going right now. 

33 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'll never, ever root for the Angels to lose. But if they end up with the #1 or #2 draft pick, I won't complain.

Yep. I always want them to win while I'm watching, but am happy either way. Either they win and it shows promise for next season or they lose and increase their chances of a high draft pick. 

I'm also just hoping the best for the young guys, particularly Adell. He's getting his shot right now and given how young he is I just want to see him gradually improve and hopefully next season we'll see a true breakout.

The way I read it we have:  

4 games against SD, currently 6 games over .500 (+6)

5 against Hou, +5

7 against Tex, -9

3 against Col, 0

3 against Ari, -7

3 against LAD, +16

the Angels are at 12 games below .500 (-12), so as of this moment every team the Angels play for the rest of the season has a better record.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

I'll never, ever root for the Angels to lose. But if they end up with the #1 or #2 draft pick, I won't complain.

To be clear I’m not rooting for them to lose. Just don’t care if they lose. It’s become meaningless to me. I’d rather see them get the first pick. Then somehow be 4th place in the West. 

26 minutes ago, Revad said:

The way I read it we have:  

4 games against SD, currently 6 games over .500 (+6)

5 against Hou, +5

7 against Tex, -9

3 against Col, 0

3 against Ari, -7

3 against LAD, +16

the Angels are at 12 games below .500 (-12), so as of this moment every team the Angels play for the rest of the season has a better record.

We have a bottom 3 record in baseball of course most the teams we play will have a better record than the Angels 

I'm rooting for the offense to score as many runs as possible and the pitchers to give up as few runs as possible.  I'm rooting for every player that matters for next year and years to come.  

but I want them to get a high draft pick.  the math is almost impossible.  

if you truly held my feet to the fire, I want them to lose as many games as possible till the end of the year.  Basically, I'm rooting for the other team to score like 15 unearned runs per game. and we score 14 runs.  

specific things I'd like to see though is Canning, Adell, Marsh, Thaiss, Rengifo, Stassi, Sandoval and a bunch of no name pen guys do well to give them confidence for next year.  

3 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I'm rooting for the offense to score as many runs as possible and the pitchers to give up as few runs as possible.  I'm rooting for every player that matters for next year and years to come.  

but I want them to get a high draft pick.  the math is almost impossible.  

if you truly held my feet to the fire, I want them to lose as many games as possible till the end of the year.  Basically, I'm rooting for the other team to score like 15 unearned runs per game. and we score 14 runs.  

specific things I'd like to see though is Canning, Adell, Marsh, Thaiss, Rengifo, Stassi, Sandoval and a bunch of no name pen guys do well to give them confidence for next year.  

I agree. I would also say that I would like to see Marsh, Detmers, Rodriguez, Jones and Yan get as much playing time down the stretch as possible. 

Add the n00bs that came over in recent trades to that list of wanting to see as well. 

I want to lose as many games as possible, if I'm being honest. I want a top 2 draft pick and a shot at one of the two pitchers at the top of the board.  I want Trout, Rendon, Adell, and Fletcher to get through the rest of the season with no major injuries. I want Heaney and Bundy to keep it up and prove their worth and slot into the rotation next year. I want to see what we have with Marsh, Detmers, and Rodriguez. 

Then I want to make a run at Bauer and/or Stroman. Maybe package together some prospects for another pitcher; put Albert's ass on the bench. Hope Adell turns into a star and roll from there. 

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

I am hoping they lose but not rooting for them to lose. I don't watch rooting for the other team, I just don't want them to win very many more games. 

Ok, I get this.  Anyone who has this opinion should be excluded from bitching about the performance on the field.  You can’t have it both ways.  You can’t bitch about what you are seeing when you are seeing what you want to see.  This isn’t just you I am talking about.  

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Ok, I get this.  Anyone who has this opinion should be excluded from bitching about the performance on the field.  You can’t have it both ways.  You can’t bitch about what you are seeing when you are seeing what you want to see.  This isn’t just you I am talking about.  

I agree. I no longer will be bitching about wins or losses or player performance this year. The season no longer matters in terms of wins or losses. What I would like to see is the young guys play and succeed so at least it shows we have a bright future with them. Marsh Adell Jones etc. Let them play let them get their feet wet now. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

I agree. I no longer will be bitching about wins or losses or player performance this year. The season no longer matters in terms of wins or losses. What I would like to see is the young guys play and succeed so at least it shows we have a bright future with them. Marsh Adell Jones etc. Let them play let them get their feet wet now. 

I think we will see Adell play every day.  I wouldn’t play Marsh until next season, no reason to.  Jones, sure why not.  He will probably be released after this year to make room for the next batch of guys that need to be added to the 40 man roster.

I'm rooting for AP to be relegated to a PH role, and for Matt Thaiss to play everyday the rest of the year.  The sooner they see what they have the better.   Whether they make a deal with him after this season to make him go away or choose to let him weigh down the bench again next year this team has to plan for life after Albert.   I'm rooting for Upton to keep doing what he's been doing the last week -- he's been torquing the ball, the EVOs have all spiked and he's been barreling balls.  His haters can continue to hate him all they want but a busted Upton only hurts the team moving forward, they need him to not look broken.  Let Barria pitch -- everyone used to pop him for his peripherals but they have been exactly on par with his actual ERA.  He's 23 years old FFS, let him pitch..  When Sandoval is done tweaking whatever it was he needed to work on, bring him up and let him pitch too.  Teheran isn't a part of this team's future.

Mostly I want to see a team that looks actually prepared to play and doesn't make JV baseball mistakes and mental errors.   That shit has been happening left and right and it's off putting as all hell.

21 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm rooting for AP to be relegated to a PH role, and for Matt Thaiss to play everyday the rest of the year.  The sooner they see what they have the better.   Whether they make a deal with him after this season to make him go away or choose to let him weigh down the bench again next year this team has to plan for life after Albert.   I'm rooting for Upton to keep doing what he's been doing the last week -- he's been torquing the ball, the EVOs have all spiked and he's been barreling balls.  His haters can continue to hate him all they want but a busted Upton only hurts the team moving forward, they need him to bot look broken.  Let Barria pitch -- everyone used to pop him for his peripherals but they have been exactly on par with his actual ERA.  He's 23 years old FFS, let him pitch..  When Sandoval is done tweaking whatever it was he needed to work on, bring him up and let him pitch too.  Teheran isn't a part of this team's future.

Mostly I want to see a team that looks actually prepared to play and doesn't make JV baseball mistakes and mental errors.   That shit has been happening left and right and it's off putting as all hell.

This is very similar to what I said, only you said it better.  Angel would like to have a word with you.  I’m guessing you might have won 5 games this year instead of my 4, but either way we would be getting the first pick in the draft if you or I were at the helm.