• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tommy La Stella traded to the A's for Franklin Barreto

mmc

3 minutes ago, Tyler said:

Will he still be the Angels GM in 30 days?

Everyone was screaming pitching pitching pitching pitching and he saw a potential diamond in a scrap heap,  I agree with this move.  We still have time to trade for pitching.  This also likely means Simmons is gone, hopefully for pitching.

5 hours ago, Angel said:

Uhh guys this guy is only 24 and has a really high ceiling, I honestly thought we wouldn't get anything better for Stella, it appears nobody wants to help us with pitching, we'll see what people think Simba is worth.

We won't face the A's again this year and having LaStella on the A's makes them easier to root for (I want them to pull it off this year). 

Anybody but the Bums and Cheatin Asstros

Edited by Angel Oracle

So....  Just to look at this outcome a little differently.

Eppler turned RP Conor Lilis-White, into 1.5 seasons of Tommy La Stella and potentially 5 years of a 24 year old former 4 time top 100 SS/2B who posted a.900+ OPS in AAA.

Conor Lilis-White is out of baseball.

Why are some of you crying?

6 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Eppler turned RP Conor Lilis-White, into 1.5 seasons of Tommy La Stella and potentially 5 years of a 24 year old former 4 time top 100 SS/2B who posted a.900+ OPS in AAA.

Because he has bad numbers over a small sample size. Duh!

4 hours ago, Billy_Ball said:

This season's Rainier Rivas and Raider Uceta for Max Stassi.

Both of which are tearing it up for the Astros........they have quietly moved up through their system shortening their eta to the majors.   I think numerous teams have been asking about their availability but the Astros asking price is reported to be steep.

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Because La Stella is a fan favorite maybe? He’s been one of the only bright spots on this shitty ass team....and Eppler traded him for another infielder instead of addressing the team’s actual need: pitching. La Stella deserved an extension not a trade within our own division. If you don’t get why people are upset then I don’t know what to say to you.

6 minutes ago, failos said:

Because La Stella is a fan favorite maybe? He’s been one of the only bright spots on this shitty ass team....and Eppler traded him for another infielder instead of addressing the team’s actual need: pitching. La Stella deserved an extension not a trade within our own division. If you don’t get why people are upset then I don’t know what to say to you.

We are sellers.  He can be re-signed after the season.  Within the division is meaningless when we are out of it and we don't play them again this season.  If you and I know that pitching is a need then Eppler knows it as well.  That means pitching wasn't going to happen.  This team needs pitching, this team needs major league ready middle infield depth and this team needs catching.  It got one of the three for 30 games of La Stella.