• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tommy La Stella traded to the A's for Franklin Barreto

mmc

33 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No it was him.  He is not great at trolling when he chooses to troll.  

No it wasn’t. I said Eppler once. Don’t make up stuff. What other thread would I bring up this trade in? I read someone else say it was Epplers draft pick thought they were right. I was wrong. Oh well. It happens. I admitted it. Move on. 

2 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

No it wasn’t. I said Eppler once. Don’t make up stuff. What other thread would I bring up this trade in? I read someone else say it was Epplers draft pick thought they were right. I was wrong. Oh well. It happens. I admitted it. Move on. 

Not this trade but on more than one occasion you have decided Eppler drafted a guy, the last time it was Ward.  This time it was Jam Jones.

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Not this trade but on more than one occasion you have decided Eppler drafted a guy, the last time it was Ward.  This time it was Jam Jones.

Ward!?! what are you talking about? Please show me where I’ve stated Eppler drafted Ward? I said Rengifo Ward and Hermosillo have been 😑. But that had nothing to do with Eppler drafting or not drafting them. 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Boy, things have changed.

Kinsler nabs Buttrey, yet a better player two years later nabs a poor hitter/average fielder?

Not sure what you're expecting to get for 28 games of La Stella.    Barreto had a .926 OPS last year in AAA at 23 years old.  He's never gotten a real shot in the majors.  Do i think he's the answer to replacing Simmons after this year? Of course not, but this is worth a try it didn't cost us anything.     

1 minute ago, Game 6 said:

La Stella had no future with this team. We could have traded him for a ham sandwich.

What does that have to do with Rengifo not being able to hit? I had shrimp for dinner tonight  that’s about as close as I come to just saying nonsense in a reply about batting average. 

Strikes out a ton, hits for power but not average. That's a skillset that we already haven't had much success with, plus another middle infielder? On the other hand he was a good prospect. 

Not to mention any trade or signing right now that doesn't bring back pitching is going to be criticized unless it's a slam dunk like Rendon. Meh

4 minutes ago, Game 6 said:

The obvious truth you are missing is La Stella was never going to be a part of this team in 2021. He made $3.25 M this year and is a FA. He’s not worth $5-6 M when we have replacement players at 15% of the cost, he can’t catch a baseball and we need starting pitching more than a 2B who is really a DH/PH. 

Dude. You’re missing it. I’m talking about Rengifo. I don’t care that La Stella was traded. I’m glad he was. I don’t want anyone on the team who isn’t in the future plans and he’s over 30 so he’s not in the future plans. I’ve said before I hope we trade many people and get back younger kids. I don’t know who this guy we traded for is. He seems like he had good minor league numbers. I’m not sold on Rengifo though and that’s who I’m trashing when I say 228 batting average.