• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tommy La Stella traded to the A's for Franklin Barreto

mmc

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

Three years from now Lou is going to “I agree” you on this post.

HOpefully so. Barreto WAS a consensus top 100 prospect 3-4 years ago. He's got power/speed at a MIF spot but he has a horrid approach at the plate, which has been exploited in every one of his stints at the MLB level. Hard to see that hit tool ever developing

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

And this guy is?  He might have gotten some at bats but they havent been stellar. 

Well there is about a 1 year age difference.  One apparently is a 4 time top 100 prospect, the other is Jam Jones.  So yea, he is probably better than Jones.  It sucks because a four years ago we were convinced he was going to be something.  

image.gifI mentioned in another thread that this was a strong option.  If he trades Simmons as well, out IF depth for the next two years is almost nothing.  

You guys are on crack if you think we're going to get a useful, club controlled pitcher for a month of Tommy La Stella.  

Barreto is 24 years old and has 5 years of control.  He was a top 50 prospect two years ago before losing eligibility.  He's got an .834 ops in the minors and has stolen up to 30 bags and hit up to 19 hrs.  

He's got a career minor league obp of .352 and avg of .289.  

This is the best we're gonna do and frankly, it's damn good.  It also allows the team to move on from Simmons and trade him.  Barreto has more value than Rengifo and might only need plate appearances to be David Fletcher with more power and speed.  He's a good defender at 2b and solid at SS.  

Billy just added a decent asset.  Frankly, well above what I expected for La Stella.  And it's all about assets.   Probable MIF starter was just acquired.  People need to back away from the ledge and think about how baseball works.  

people need to stop accusing Billy of doing something untoward because he might not be with us next year.  The guy is an absolute professional and even if you don't like what he's done, he's absolutely not going to do anything to purposefully damage an org.  How do you think that would look for his next job.  Maybe some of you would sabotage your existing company on your way out.  Eppler is doing the right thing.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

people need to stop accusing Billy of doing something untoward because he might not be with us next year.  The guy is an absolute professional and even if you don't like what he's done, he's absolutely not going to do anything to purposefully damage an org.  How do you think that would look for his next job.  Maybe some of you would sabotage your existing company on your way out.  Eppler is doing the right thing.  

But what about him Dipotoing us?  That isn’t a real thing?

18 minutes ago, Stradling said:

No one wants to admit this but the market might very well be shit this year for expiring contract guys.  I mean La Stella is a pretty damn good player and this was the return.  

^^^^^   Anybody who thinks Simmons has decent value might have to recalibrate.....

15 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

It is, and addictive.

If you were a true friend - and I believe you are - you would buy me one and bring it to my house. 

I’ll be awake until 11.

Edited by Tank

13 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

Did I miss something?

Remeber how Eppler turned Simmons and Goodwin into atleast Above Average hitters? Stella became a Allstart. Look when it comes to pitching, I dont have much faith in him, but when its comes to the offensive side, I have trust in him. So, let see what Barreto can do. its risk, but with only 30 games left in the season, worth it 

at worst He's bust 

At good he breaks out 

at best he breaks out and than we Re-sign La Stella aswell!