• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month 
    Click on the image above to donate!

Tommy La Stella traded to the A's for Franklin Barreto

VINTAGE. BASEBALL. STORY. 
Visit Big Fly Gear to get your baseball apparel today!
  • Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Narrator: He was in fact, not excited to see the return.

A once top 100 prospect that plays 2B and SS. No better than Rengifo. Eppler is Dipoto'n us on his way out.

Now that I've had time to think this over, I like it.  We can slot Upton and Barreto in the #3 and #4 spots in the lineup right away. Anything that puts us one step closer to Kumar Rocker, I'm in

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, VariousCrap said:

I realize Barreto has not had that much playing time, but looking at this numbers, he sucks.

Why make this move?

Are they going to trade Simmons and they are getting Barreto for SS???

Maybe this is a big middle finger from Eppler on his way out. Tommy was an all star last season and all we get is a scrub SS with a .180 mlb avg? Who needs pitching?  Obviously not the Failos.....

I haven’t looked at the Baretto’s stats very much. But from what I see, he is a 24 year old right handed utility infielder who has not hit well in the majors yet. Sounds like a slightly older right handed Rengifo. Although, according to BR, Rengifo has a higher career war than Baretto in less years played.  

I like this move.  Maybe I'm in the minority.  La Stella is a free agent in 2021 so this is a rental for the A's.  We get a long term 24 year old prospect who has had very limited playing time and has a 55 prospect score per Fangraphs.  Sign me up.  Let's see what this kid can do.

13 minutes ago, TooCool said:

So we traded Tommy for someone who plays 2B. Makes zero sense.

If anything, La Stella is the better player. We better be getting more than just Barreto or else we got robbed as usual.

A .570 career OPS so far, and somewhat blah defensive player?

Rengifo >>>>> Barreto

WTF, Eppler?

Edited by Angel Oracle