• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

Join The Internet Home for Angels fans today! We're Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

• AngelsWin.com's Charity of the Month

Tommy La Stella traded to the A's for Franklin Barreto

12 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I like the trade, but can people stop staying the A's are only 1 month or 30 games of La Stella?  That is total bullshit, they are a lock for the playoffs which what they're actually acquiring La Stella for.

In which they’re only guaranteed 3 games. So...

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Narrator: He was in fact, not excited to see the return.

A once top 100 prospect that plays 2B and SS. No better than Rengifo. Eppler is Dipoto'n us on his way out.

Now that I've had time to think this over, I like it.  We can slot Upton and Barreto in the #3 and #4 spots in the lineup right away. Anything that puts us one step closer to Kumar Rocker, I'm in

Posted Images

They could have played better poker and waited till it was closer to the deadline.

Near contenders always panic as the deadline approaches. Especially teams like the Jays, who are desperate to squeeze into the playoffs. Or a good team looking for playoff insurance.

La Stella and Simmons are perfect for those scenarios. 

The La Stella trade is ok, not great, not terrible. Time will tell.

Also, the odds are that most traded pending free agents don't resign with their old club. Once ties are severed it seems to be final.

Just now, Duren, Duren said:

They could have played better poker and waited till it was closer to the deadline.

Near contenders always panic as the deadline approaches. Especially teams like the Jays, who are desperate to squeeze into the playoffs. Or a good team looking for playoff insurance.

La Stella and Simmons are perfect for those scenarios. 

The La Stella trade is ok, not great, not terrible. Time will tell.

Also, the odds are that most traded pending free agents don't resign with their old club. Once ties are severed it seems to be final.

The deadline is 2 days away.

18 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

"do you like apples?"

"How do you like them apples!!"

every time I see @Inside Pitch throw a beat down on @RendZone it makes me think of that scene from good will hunting where Will just abuses the pony tail guy.  

and if it wasn't clear @RendZone.  you're the pony tail guy.  

And yet we continue to miss the postseason and hang around last place to watch a $90M first place team pick us clean. You guys can continue to lather yourselves with Eppler’s cream but the standings don’t lie. There is nothing IP says that can change that. 

Didn't read more than the first 3 pages. I'm not so frustrated at the return for la Stella as much as I am in trading him period. If Eppler anything to impressive pitching in any meaningful way then he should have just held on to him. Obviously any chance to re sign him goes down and I would have preferred that to this move. He's one of the top bats in the lineup, he's a great guy to have on the team, and he is versatile. Seems like a Dipoto move. Trade for the sake of trading.

5 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Didn't read more than the first 3 pages. I'm not so frustrated at the return for la Stella as much as I am in trading him period. If Eppler anything to impressive pitching in any meaningful way then he should have just held on to him. Obviously any chance to re sign him goes down and I would have preferred that to this move. He's one of the top bats in the lineup, he's a great guy to have on the team, and he is versatile. Seems like a Dipoto move. Trade for the sake of trading.

Except we got four years of control instead of 30 games.  

1 hour ago, Lou said:

And since they have 28 regular season games left, that would total 31.

I guess merlin was right.

Well technically they’re only guaranteed two playoff games right? I mean it’s a three game series but...

14 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Except we got four years of control instead of 30 games.  

Right. But what I was saying was that I would have preferred to extend La Stella. Maybe they already tried and were unsuccessful so I can't say definitely that Eppler screwed up. I just don't see how 4 years of control matters if the guy can't hit. Extend the proven commodity instead of trading for a younger non-prospect. This guy is literally the same type of player Eppler has traded for time and time again (former top 100) and they never pan out. 

6 minutes ago, AngelsFanSince86 said:

Right. But what I was saying was that I would have preferred to extend La Stella. Maybe they already tried and were unsuccessful so I can't say definitely that Eppler screwed up. I just don't see how 4 years of control matters if the guy can't hit. Extend the proven commodity instead of trading for a younger non-prospect. This guy is literally the same type of player Eppler has traded for time and time again (former top 100) and they never pan out. 

Like when he traded for La Stella and then when he traded for Bundy.