• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hurricane Laura

Lhalo

Either Weather.Com is way behind in their current prediction  for the next 24 hours, or Laura has changed direction to a more easterly route.

Nothing more than 20mph winds and no drenching rain (only up to 40% chance of rain) 

There is still a tropical storm warning.

Edited by Angel Oracle

10 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Either Weather.Com is way behind in their current prediction  for the next 24 hours, or Laura has changed direction to a more easterly route.

Nothing more than 20mph winds and no drenching rain (only up to 40% chance of rain) 

There is still a tropical storm warning.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/151358.shtml?key_messages#contents

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/26/why-hurricane-lauras-storm-surge-could-devastate-texas-and-louisiana.html

Hurricane Laura’s storm surge could create a ‘wall of water over two stories high,’ devastating Texas, Louisiana

“To think that there would be a wall of water over two stories high coming on shore is very difficult for most to conceive, but that is what is going to happen,” said National Weather Service meteorologist Benjamin Schott at a news conference.

We are very, very lucky to live in California.

9 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Weather wise 100%. I'll take an earthquake every decade or two instead of tornadoes, hurricanes, ice storms, etc...

Honestly after living several years of my life in the Midwest nothing is worse than a f$&* all ice storm. They are freaking insane in terms of destruction. Ice storms definitely vary in degrees of destruction, but a bad one basically overloads every single exposed surface. Trees, power lines, comm lines, roofs, etc... I’ve been through several, but the worst was in ‘07. People lost power for over two weeks in my area in the middle of winter, you could hear tree limbs snapping literally every few seconds, cars were smashed by falling trees, houses were destroyed. It was freaking nuts. That storm happened in early December and it didn’t get fully cleaned up until the following March.

12 hours ago, Don said:

Honestly after living several years of my life in the Midwest nothing is worse than a f$&* all ice storm. They are freaking insane in terms of destruction. Ice storms definitely vary in degrees of destruction, but a bad one basically overloads every single exposed surface. Trees, power lines, comm lines, roofs, etc... I’ve been through several, but the worst was in ‘07. People lost power for over two weeks in my area in the middle of winter, you could hear tree limbs snapping literally every few seconds, cars were smashed by falling trees, houses were destroyed. It was freaking nuts. That storm happened in early December and it didn’t get fully cleaned up until the following March.

How on earth do you survive without power for 2 weeks? I can't handle 30 minutes. 

21 minutes ago, Lou said:

How on earth do you survive without power for 2 weeks? I can't handle 30 minutes. 

It actually happened the Monday of finals week if I remember right. I already had a flight booked to SoCal for that Friday, so I luckily got to leave after like four days. The house I lived in there was one of the first to get power back, as it was super close to/apparently part of the electricity network of the main business district in town. I think it came back on that Thursday night... so only like 72 hours without power for me personally. I came back from SoCal a week later and the houses on the other side of the street (along with about half the town) still didn't have power.

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I thought about doing a handstand and walking over, but i knew i couldnt make it that far, plus was probably bad for my colon.

i thought you were a stronger person than this.

#disappointed

On 8/27/2020 at 2:03 AM, Don said:

Honestly after living several years of my life in the Midwest nothing is worse than a f$&* all ice storm. They are freaking insane in terms of destruction. Ice storms definitely vary in degrees of destruction, but a bad one basically overloads every single exposed surface. 

When I moved from Florida to Oklahoma to attend college, my first winter there I had my first experience with freezing rain. I had no idea that such a thing existed. I went out to my car one Saturday morning to find the entire vehicle coated with about a half inch of ice.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

4 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

When I moved from Florida to Oklahoma to attend college, my first winter there I had my first experience with freezing rain. I had no idea that such a thing existed. I went out to my car one Saturday morning to find the entire vehicle coated with about a half inch of ice.

How did you manage to survive?