• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Trade Rumors: Angels Receiving Trade Inquiries On Dylan Bundy

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If you can get two top tier young arms that are near major league ready for just one year of Bundy you do it. All day, every day. 

Just think if when Bundy gets injured and misses significant time this season and/or next and we miss out on this opportunity to add pitching depth?

This is the Angels....FIFY

23 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

This is so counter intuitive. Thinking of flipping players like baseball cards right after just acquiring them.

Too cute by half.

You know, in real life a team needs stability and a chance to build chemistry. You just don't always project the future without even giving the present a chance to come together. 

Bundy has been one of the few positives this year. But that isn't good enough.So give away an asset for yet another player to enter the unending revolving door? And hope that it eventually makes a difference in a hypothetical future?

What sort of chemistry and team solidarity even has a chance to develop when team mates who are a recent success story are flipped after a few months?

Arm chair GMs so often lack the basic understanding of interpersonal dynamics that create winning conditions. It's all just mental masturbation and fantasy projection.

This is correct, when the pitcher has more than 1.2 years of control.   What if Bundy leaves?   Then they are screwed, plus they are still two (maybe three) years away from contending.

I'd more focus on the Padres as a destination for Bundy. 

They have plenty of solid pitching prospects, to where the Halos can hopefully get one really solid pitching prospect (won't be Gore) and one solid enough pitching prospect and also maybe a catching prospect for Bundy?  

Think about this too.   Logan White has one of the best eyes for talent in MLB.   He's the one who oversaw the building of the Padres farm system, as he did the Latriners farm system.    You can more trust the pitchers they have brought in, than you can with a lot of teams.

Bundy trade to the Padres makes sense in a lot of different ways.

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, mymerlincat said:

MLBTraderumors just complies information from all sources.  I think it would be more accurate to say this is coming from Bob Nightengale, who is the person who wrote the article they're citing.

If Nightengale says it, is it actually true?

20 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

If you can get two top tier young arms that are near major league ready for just one year of Bundy you do it. All day, every day. 

Just think if Bundy gets injured and misses significant time this season and/or next and we miss out on this opportunity to add pitching depth?

Clevinger has been more fragile than Bundy...Plesac has been okay, but young pitchers. Never know. 

Just now, totdprods said:

Clevinger has been more fragile than Bundy...Plesac has been okay, but young pitchers. Never know. 

It's always going to be a gamble. I remember folks not wanting to trade for deGrom prior to his Cy Young season last year because he was injury prone. 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

It's always going to be a gamble. I remember folks not wanting to trade for deGrom prior to his Cy Young season last year because he was injury prone. 

Yeah I know, I’m just pointing out that it’s no different than the gamble Cleveland takes dealing two great trade pieces and not filling a single immediate need in the return. 

If you trade Bundy, it would have to be for starters who are ready now.  None of this, they are a couple years away crap.

If teams have starters who are ready now, why would they trade those arms for Bundy?  Why not just use those arms themselves?

Chuck's idea is the only thing that makes sense because Cleveland isn't happy with those two guys.

Just now, VariousCrap said:

If you trade Bundy, it would have to be for starters who are ready now.  None of this, they are a couple years away crap.

If teams have starters who are ready now, why would they trade those arms for Bundy?  Why not just use those arms themselves?

Chuck's idea is the only thing that makes sense because Cleveland isn't happy with those two guys.

Yeah I would really only want a couple guys that are ready to step in now, to your first point like Patino and Weathers/Morejon. Patino is a top 20 prospect and Morejon was, both have taken their lumps early on this season and last. Weathers has yet to make his ML debut, but is super close. 

The reason the Padres would do it is while they're extremely valuable down the road, they're unproven now for a team that is challenging the Dodgers in the NL West but most assuredly a playoff team needing veteran experience & track record like Bundy.

Luis Patino, RHP

The electrifying righthander struggled with his command early in summer camp before reining it in later outings. His pure stuff is major league ready, and he’ll make his debut once he improves the consistency of his command and secondary pitches.

Adrian Morejon, LHP

The Padres re-integrated Morejon’s knuckle-changeup to his arsenal this summer and saw it pair well with a fastball that has been up to 98 mph. Morejon hasn’t improved his command, however, and is still prone to leaving pitches over the plate, so the Padres plan to use him in the bullpen in 2020 rather than as a starter.

Ryan Weathers, LHP

Weathers’ fastball jumped from 90-93 mph last year to 94-97 during summer camp, while his slider ticked up to become a swing-and-miss pitch as well. He excelled against Padres big leaguers during an intrasquad game and has the organization buzzing with how much he has improved.

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yeah I would really only want a couple guys that are ready to step in now, to your first point like Patino and Weathers/Morejon. Patino is a top 20 prospect and Morejon was, both have taken their lumps early on this season and last. Weathers has yet to make his ML debut, but is super close. 

The question becomes does Eppler want to take that risk in his own contract year? Those arms might not contribute while he’s here. 

Cleveland makes the most sense, but I think it makes more for us and not enough for them to pull it off. 

Lets Say. Billy pulls outs a miracle and acquires clev or Plesac.

Would you still trade Bundy? 

Especially if your able to get a close to MLB ready starter back.

Not only this, but by trading, Bundy you also save money, he's Arb 3, and than he's free agent after next season. Depending on how he does he'll be asking to get  paid.

SO you trade him, get a mlb ready prospect back, shed some salary, and use that money to go after a guys like Stroman or Bauer.   

Rotation for next year

Clev

Stroman/Baur

Heaney

Canning

Sandavol

Othani (Sundays)

5 hours ago, totdprods said:

Yeah he makes sense to me less in a Bundy deal specifically, just sort of a possible target overall. He might be getting squeezed out of San Diego. 

Honestly, I’d try shopping him to the AL West teams. I think half the reason the Angels liked him and half the reason he’s doing well is because he has a history of pitching well in the AL West. Versus the Angels in Angel Stadium is the only split he was poor in. 

See if you can rob a rival of some future talent for them to improve their window now. Maybe the Angels can keep hitting him still too. 

I doubt the Astros have a pitching prospect worth Bundy. They depleted their farm system over the last 3 years trading for JV, Cole, and  Greinke. The Mariners are looking to trade Walker, doubt they are interested in making a post season push. That leaves just Oakland and Texas in the ALW.

Edited by Ace-Of-Diamonds

28 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I doubt the Astros have a pitching prospect worth Bundy. They depleted their farm system over the last 3 years trading for JV, Cole, and  Greinke. The Mariners are looking to trade Walker, doubt they are interested in making a post season push. That leaves just Oakland and Texas in the ALW.

You could take hitting prospects back too, allowing us to flip them or our own guys for pitching too. 

Personally, I think they should keep Bundy. Trade from the OF and unproven SP depth for another arm, and sign one in the offseason. 

Edited by totdprods

I saw a reference to :"selling high" on Bundy. There is no such thing in this mini-season. The net effect of trading him (likely for lesser value) or keeping him the final 30 or so games is about a net change in wins of 3 either way and whatever prospect is brought back likely hasn't played or even been seen in a year.

Keep Bundy and maybe try to re-sign him.

First of all, if i were to trade Bundy it would be for a top 100 prospect as the center piece.

Now lets say, that the Padres (just throwing a name, since people were talking about) decide to trade for bundy,  i would ask for Patine. Now will they actually make the deal, i don't know, what lets say they do. 

A trade scenario i can see happening,

Padres: Bundy and La Stella

Bundy fills in a rotation spot for them, and La Stella provides a big left bat that can play 1st,2nd, 3rd (if needed) and dh. I think people forgot that La Stella can multiple positions, and should increase his value.  

Angels: Patino, Weathers/Cantillo/ a prospect 

SO with this trade, we trade a starter and in return add two  more pitcher in out system.

Patino should be ready, and has 2/3 stuff.

Weather/Cantillo profile to be mid-back of the rotation.

And a prospect.

Now lets add the fact that Billy is able to acquire Clev,  and we can also sign Stroman or Bauer.

Rotation for 21

Clev

Stroman/Bauer

Heaney

Canning

Patino

Ohtani (Sundays) 

Than Depth with Weather/Cantillo, Detemers, Rodriguez 

This is just example, and i think we should take the chance and trade Bundy if the Value is right. 

If we do keep bundy, there is a high chance he regresses maybe to a 3 or worst. We've seen it happen before. 

We finally find an ace quality pitcher and everyone is ready to unload him?  this to me is crazy, he's still pretty young and just figured things out.  Anyone we trade him for will not likely pan out nor bring the same dominance.  I would agree if this team was in full rebuild mode, but we have a Trout problem and need to win every year he's with us, the sooner the better.  Pile up any good arms we find, don't unload the few we have.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

You could take hitting prospects back too, allowing us to flip them or our own guys for pitching too. 

Personally, I think they should keep Bundy. Trade from the OF and unproven SP depth for another arm, and sign one in the offseason

As long as it's not anyone for more than 1-2 seasons.   No more big FA contracts to guys outside the org.

Bauer is the one, as long as he sticks to short contracts.  

how about instead of trading Bundy, we extend him?

trade Goodwin and a prospect (or two) for Plesac.   Goodwin would be their best OFer by far.   

draft Rocker

sign Bauer or some other free agent.  

Bauer, Bundy, Plesac, Heaney, Rocker, Detmers, Canning, Ohtani, Sandoval, Barria, Suarez, Chris Rodriguez.  

just overkill it at this point.