• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB Trade Rumors: Angels Receiving Trade Inquiries On Dylan Bundy

Angels Receiving Trade Inquiries On Dylan Bundy

"Bundy is very arguably one of the top arms on the market, and that’s particularly true given his control beyond 2020. Teams are expected to be stingier than ever in terms of what they’re willing to part with for pure rental players in 2020, as they’d only be acquiring one month of said player for a crack at an expanded postseason that some view as something of a novelty."

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/08/angels-trade-rumors-dylan-bundy.html

Which pitching prospect(s) would the Padres be willing to send for Bundy?

They're 2nd in NL OPS and 5th in NL ERA, and have the third best NL record.

Lamet, Davies, and GRich have been solid for them, but GRich only went 2 innings in his previous start (injured?).

They may want to strike while the irons are hot (shorter season).

Edited by Angel Oracle

Lucchesi seems like someone the Angels could look in on, someone that San Diego could see as expendable. He’s probably no more than a #3-4, but cheap, controlled, seemingly durable. His ‘20 has been weird. 

I have a hard time seeing us getting MLB-ready pitching back in a Bundy deal that would be more valuable for us in 2021 than Bundy would be himself.

Bundy for Lucchesi, a catcher, and a SP prospect maybe not quite MLB ready?

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Lucchesi seems like someone the Angels could look in on, someone that San Diego could see as expendable. He’s probably no more than a #3-4, but cheap, controlled, seemingly durable. His ‘20 has been weird. 

He's a little older than I was hoping for (just a couple of years younger than Bundy), and while durable nothing else jumps out about him other than decent enough control (3 BBs/9 innings in his career so far).

2 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

He's a little older than I was hoping for (just a couple of years younger than Bundy), and while durable nothing else jumps out about him other than decent enough control (3 BBs/9 innings in his career so far).

Yeah he makes sense to me less in a Bundy deal specifically, just sort of a possible target overall. He might be getting squeezed out of San Diego. 

Honestly, I’d try shopping him to the AL West teams. I think half the reason the Angels liked him and half the reason he’s doing well is because he has a history of pitching well in the AL West. Versus the Angels in Angel Stadium is the only split he was poor in. 

See if you can rob a rival of some future talent for them to improve their window now. Maybe the Angels can keep hitting him still too. 

It's backwards the idea of trading Bundy.  We need SP and we have a guy who is low priced, pitching fantastic, eating innings and signed for 2021.  I think the vets (Trout included) would be very unhappy with such a move.  Having said that, trading him to the Braves or Padres for a couple stud young SP prospects is probably the best move for the organization.  I just don't believe they can sell it to the team/Arte/fans (more so the team/Arte....everyone knows there are no Angel fans 😉).  

14 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I have a hard time seeing us getting MLB-ready pitching back in a Bundy deal that would be more valuable for us in 2021 than Bundy would be himself.

Bundy for Lucchesi, a catcher, and a SP prospect maybe not quite MLB ready?

I'm not a fan of Lucchesi's at all. Hard pass. 

If you're going to trade Bundy it has to be for a couple close prospects like:

Luis Patino, Ryan Weathers and/or Adrian Morejon.

9 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm not a fan of Lucchesi's at all. Hard pass. 

If you're going to trade Bundy it has to be for a couple close prospects like:

Luis Patino, Ryan Weathers and/or Adrian Morejon.

Why would the Padres part with guys like that for Bundy? They’d much rather throw those names at Clevinger or Plesac. More control, better upside, better track record...

I just can’t see Dylan Bundy having enough trade value to get back the quality of pitching we’d want to get to compete in ‘21. It’d have to be in context of some other deals. 

If the Angels pulled off a deal for Plesac or Clevinger without losing their own SP prospects, then maybe Bundy for one of those names becomes more realistic. Can’t see him getting two. Anderson Espinoza or Cal Quantrill maybe as a second name.

18 minutes ago, Fourts said:

It's backwards the idea of trading Bundy.  We need SP and we have a guy who is low priced, pitching fantastic, eating innings and signed for 2021.  I think the vets (Trout included) would be very unhappy with such a move.  Having said that, trading him to the Braves or Padres for a couple stud young SP prospects is probably the best move for the organization.  I just don't believe they can sell it to the team/Arte/fans (more so the team/Arte....everyone knows there are no Angel fans 😉).  

I think the vets are probably more unhappy about the constant losing. 

14 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

How about this trade?

Jo Adell and Dylan Bundy to the Indians for:

Mike Clevinger and Zach Plesac? 

No. Selling way low on Adell in that trade.

He hasn’t looked good but he’s still possessing immense value. I’m not sold on Plesac’s upside yet, Clevinger has way too many question marks, and both have off-field baggage now. It’d be a horrible use of two of our own players with trade value.

Also Cleveland needs impact OF help right now. And they’re doing alright with their rotation too. Doesn’t make sense for their immediate needs.

Edited by totdprods

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Why would the Padres part with guys like that for Bundy? They’d much rather throw those names at Clevinger or Plesac. More control, better upside, better track record...

I just can’t see Dylan Bundy having enough trade value to get back the quality of pitching we’d want to get to compete in ‘21. It’d have to be in context of some other deals. 

If the Angels pulled off a deal for Plesac or Clevinger without losing their own SP prospects, then maybe Bundy for one of those names becomes more realistic. Can’t see him getting two. Anderson Espinoza or Cal Quantrill maybe as a second name.

For a team that is on the bubble and wants to win in 2020, he has a lot of value right now