• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon's Remarkable Turnaround

22 minutes ago, ScottT said:

You were worried? It was a bit strange I guess, but I don't know why anyone would worry considering his track record and the small  amount of time he wasnt doing well.

I say it every year, but I don't know how some baseball fans make it through a season.  

Oh there were posts on threads already talking about the fact we were "stuck with his contract" so yeah people were worried.

55 minutes ago, ScottT said:

I say it every year, but I don't know how some baseball fans make it through a season.  

I think you already know this but I'll write it anyway: Baseball is a game of frustration and failure. That gives people something to complain about. And some people love nothing more than complaining. 

1 hour ago, SoPas Angel said:

I think you already know this but I'll write it anyway: Baseball is a game of frustration and failure. That gives people something to complain about. And some people love nothing more than complaining. 

Good point 

11 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Can you imagine if Trout & Ohtani and one of Upton/Goodwin/Pujols got red hot all at the same time as Fletcher/Rendon doing their thang?

It would be fun.  Ohtani will get it figured out.  Upton isn’t this bad.  Trout is Trout.  It is very possible they could get hot.  

I wasn't worried, but to be fair to those who were, it is understandable considering the Angels' last three major hitting free agents: Upton, Hamilton, Pujols.

Rendon is a great player. As I wrote in my blog about the top 21 position players in the game--before the Angels signed him--easily one of the ten best in the league (I had him at #5).

38 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Trout hasn't improved one bit with Rendon hitting behind him, although I think that's because he's enamored with the long ball. I wish he'd get back to trying to get on base, and stop trying to golf it over the fence every time. 

I do think he's still trying to get on base; I think he takes a lot of pitches because he thinks they're balls and he's trying to walk.

However, I agree with you about the long ball. I miss the guy who was hitting a double every 17 at-bats (2019) or 19 at bats (2018) or 16 at bats (2017). So far this season, he has hit a double every 48 at bats. 

That being said, Mike Trout's performance at the plate is not anywhere near the top of my list when it comes to concerns about the 2020 Angels.