• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Idiotic Unwritten Rules

kevinb

2 hours ago, eligrba said:

There is no unwritten rule of not swinging at 3-0 pitch when you have a big lead.  This is something created by a pussy who got their feelings hurt when they failed to execute the pitch.  Just another example of the continued pussonification of a great sport.

I mean I would get the pitcher bitching but not really. But it was their manager who made Tatis apologize. What the crap kind of stuff is this. I don't know what I would have done if I was Tatis. But I definitely wouldn't have apologized. This kind of stuff makes baseball just idiotic. 

I would argue taking the 3-0 pitch with a big lead is kind of a punk thing to do.  If the game is basically over don’t be picky, hit the ball and let’s see what happens.

Extending the at bat and maybe working a walk instead of just hitting the ball is much more annoying in a game that is basically already over. 

4 hours ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Um, every sport has issues with running up the score. 

Swinging 3-0 is a pretty dick move; the only caveat is that baseball comebacks are possible.

I feel like the people complaining about the unwritten rules are ironically the old people, whereas young fans like the fights. The players obviously like them, and they're younger than most of us.

I think people are confusing old people with tradition. Barbie dolls have been around a long time, but that doesn't mean they're for old people.

One of the dumbest things I have ever seen here, and I've been here about 15 years.

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

One of the dumbest things I have ever seen here, and I've been here about 15 years.

Yeah I don’t see it.  Swinging 3-0 means nothing to me.  And honestly I don’t care if they hit and run as in-game practice for some future more important situation.

5 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

But throwing at someone on purpose once because you're losing is okay? 

No. Neither is. What are you talking about? Throwing at someone cause you’re losing is equally as dumb. These unwritten rules are what’s wrong with baseball. 

9 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

Where's the vitriol towards the Angels reliever? Or was that an accident?

For the record, I'm pretty sure all 3 were accidents.

It’s all idiotic. And I don’t know wild pitches happen. I didn’t see the earlier pitch that hit Longoria? But two in the same at bat towards Trouts head ya I’m sure it was accidental. 🙄 

22 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

I dunno, I'm just not buying the "let's retaliate for Evan Fucking Longoria" theory.

Twice in one at bat is pretty fluky; but it also seems impossible for someone to be as bad at baseball as Adell is, and yet I don't think that's intentional.

Twice in one at bat similar to the Dodgers pitcher vs the Astros hitter? Honestly can’t remember who threw the pitch and cant remember who was batting. It’s all some stupid unwritten written rule. 

1 hour ago, Randy Gradishar said:

I dunno, I'm just not buying the "let's retaliate for Evan Fucking Longoria" theory.

Twice in one at bat is pretty fluky; but it also seems impossible for someone to be as bad at baseball as Adell is, and yet I don't think that's intentional.

The pitcher is stupid for trying to avenge Evan Longoria but that is clearly what he was trying to do.

According to my best friend who is a Padres fan, the response to the Rangers whinning about a late inning 3-0 grand slam was to hit a grand slam in every game of the series including a walk off grand slam. They even set a MLB record.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/san-diego-padres-make-history-as-the-first-team-in-mlb-history-to-hit-a-grand-slam-in-four-straight-games/