• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst take ever award goes to... "I’m not impressed with Shohei Ohtani" (August 15, 2020) - AngelsJunky

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

He’s getting plenty of pitches to hit, he just isn’t hitting them.  If you want proof, look at his number of k’s.

Many of his swinging strikes were not in the strike zone, and many times when he doesn't swing at the balls off the plate the Ump calls them a strike. Sure he strikes out too much but he is being pitched around a lot.

17 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

The fact that he's been bad over the last month and a half implies more than streakiness, but deep exhaustion. Maybe he builds up stamina, or maybe the Angels should give him more days off next year, which would make sense because they will (theoretically) have their other two elite hitters back in the lineup.

Lou says it's not exhaustion. His September stats are .196/.308/.304/.611. So if it is not exhaustion then he has completely forgotten how to hit MLB pitching. 

7 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'm again not impressed with Blotani.

Nice try @Angelsjunky, but it falls far short of your usual deep dive analysis and probably lacks the dark magic.

I think what we really need is a rambling Angelsjunky deep-dive article on why Ohtani was just a one season wonder and will thus now be crap forevermore. Maybe fold in a potential trade of the washed-up old soap for a real pitcher (hopefully one who shows he cares) and let Trout DH instead of the Showpony once he's got the hang of his prosthetic running blade, this would allow Arte's shiny new shortstop to play the outfield of course and give you as the author another potential hall of fame thread. It's a win win win win!

12 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

I think what we really need is a rambling Angelsjunky deep-dive article on why Ohtani was just a one season wonder and will thus now be crap forevermore. Maybe fold in a potential trade of the washed-up old soap for a real pitcher (hopefully one who shows he cares) and let Trout DH instead of the Showpony once he's got the hang of his prosthetic running blade, this would allow Arte's shiny new shortstop to play the outfield of course and give you as the author another potential hall of fame thread. It's a win win win win!

NO.

4 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Nice try @Angelsjunky, but it falls far short of your usual deep dive analysis and probably lacks the dark magic.

Man, you're probably right. But I just don't have the energy for that. It was 2am last night before I even thought to check the Angels score - I completely forgot. 

Also, to be fair, my deep-dives rarely involve such clearly hyperbolic statements like the one that started this thread. Those come out in AO-esque moments of frustration. If I go for a deep dive, but the time I'm a few hundred words in, I've worked it out of my system.

4 hours ago, Stradling said:

I think it’s the dog days of summer, combined with a shitty approach. 

He's sucked for 200 PA now (or 193, going back to July 30). That's a third of his season.

If I'm the Angels, I'm thinking of giving him more off days during the early months, hoping to extend Awetani longer into the season before we get Blotani.