• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Someone needs to walk the plank!

How about holding some of the multi-millionaire professional baseball players accountable? Most of these guys have been playing this game their entire lives. Why should it take a coach to motivate them to get a base hit when they're down by 1 run with a runner on 2nd base in the bottom of the 9th inning?

How about holding some of the multi-millionaire professional baseball players accountable? Most of these guys have been playing this game their entire lives. Why should it take a coach to motivate them to get a base hit when they're down by 1 run with a runner on 2nd base in the bottom of the 9th inning?

Yup. I don't think Scioscia being fired now does anything. Fire him after the season. 

this team has failed because of Hamilton and Pujols.  If you bring in a new manager and Hamilton is still a 25mil/yr platoon player they the team will still suck.  At this point, you give Conger, Calhoun and Cron (at the deadline) a look and sort everything out in the offseason. 

Ya, I'm not going to defend Scioscia at all, but the 2013 team stinks no matter who is managing it.

And what other alternatives are better anyways? I'm not the biggest Scioscia fan but he's one of the better managers in the game and when our options are guys like Larry Bowa and Bobby Valentine, it becomes clear that the other options suck. 

At this point, who would want to manage this dysfunctional group of Jerry's Kids?

That's something of a rhetorical question.  There have to be at least a few dozen candidates to replace Scioscia out there, ranging from the ridiculous and impossible (Erstad) to the legitimate candidates that most of us couldn't name.  I don't know who is out there but I'd lean toward a younger guy with something to prove - think of Joe Giradi when he started with the Marlins. 

I also think this season is a lost cause and getting somebody new in here would give the team a chance to evaluate them. 

The team leaders need to come out and say something or light a fire under a few rear ends to get them back in the game.

Sir Swings A Lot (Hamilton) needs to do something to get his head back in the game.

A decision needs to be made in regarding Ghost Pujols. It's time for the DL it's bad when the AAAstros pitchers with ERAS of 4+ do not fear you. Obviously his foot his causing more problems then he is letting on. Pujols needs to be the bigger person here and realize he is doing more harm then good in the lineup (sure he gets a base hit or scores some runs but he's not the Pujols that us Cardinals fans were spoiled with) sit a couple out...what is the worse thing that can happen at this point? You lose a few more games?

We knew he would eventually start to fall (stat wise) I just can't believe his fall would be so quickly... :blink: