• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The USPS

15 minutes ago, Brandon said:

When is the last time anyone has been to a post office?

I think mine was two years ago or so for passport purposes. I think I still have "forever" envelopes from around 2012 laying around somewhere.

I was in one on 7/15 to mail something as I didn't have any stamps and didn't want to buy a full book at the grocery store because it would take me years to use them all.  I didn't realize until after the fact that the reason the line was so ridiculous is because of the tax filing extension and everyone besides me was likely there to send their tax returns off.  Every time I'm in a post office I fee like it's the equivalent of dealing with someone from TSA or the DMV.  For the most part nice people but not very efficient nor do they ever seem to be in a hurry to get a task completed. 

8 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I was in one on 7/15 to mail something as I didn't have any stamps and didn't want to buy a full book at the grocery store because it would take me years to use them all.  I didn't realize until after the fact that the reason the line was so ridiculous is because of the tax filing extension and everyone besides me was likely there to send their tax returns off.  Every time I'm in a post office I fee like it's the equivalent of dealing with someone from TSA or the DMV.  For the most part nice people but not very efficient nor do they ever seem to be in a hurry to get a task completed. 

Pretty much.

I think I was the only white person there and may as well have been at a super mercado. The lady that helped me was nice, but you could tell she expected and asked me for everything....luckily I had called previously and was on point with my paperwork.

Side note, because you mentioned TSA, that TSA Pre-board is the best money I ever spent. I don't go to KC enough anymore, but am curious about that "Clear" function they do where you don't have to do shit and they take you directly to the plane.

Private carriers do not uncommonly outsource their deliveries to the usps.  It’s not something that can easily be replaced like some people argue.  They do it because they can’t make a profit delivering the parcels themselves.  People who make the dismantling argument I suspect do so for idealogical reasons.   Basically, they’re fundamentally opposed to the idea of most public services.  I don’t care about arguing about that.  But today and in the near to mid term totally eliminating the post office is impractical.  It’s actually not that profitable it turns out, to deliver mail.  So I realize that conservatives don’t give a fuck about treating workers with dignity or giving them decent wages but in this case I think it’s pretty unlikely that even some Silicon Valley nightmare can make it work.  I really wish that some of you guys would be forced to work multiples of gig and service industry jobs that people are increasingly forced into.  The hostility I see to good paying jobs here constantly because you deem it unworthy or whatever fuck.  What makes your dumb jobs so important ? A job is a job.  It exists because it needs to exist.  People work so they can live.  Why should a decent standard constantly be assaulted, which it has been.  Constantly.  Ghoulish.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

So I realize that conservatives don’t give a fuck about treating workers with dignity or giving them decent wages but in this case I think it’s pretty unlikely that even some Silicon Valley nightmare can make it work.  I really wish that some of you guys would be forced to work multiples of gig and service industry jobs that people are increasingly forced into.

What are you talking about? You think conservatives have beef with the average mail man? We’re talking about a government entity that is outdated and bleeds money. Our problem is with the unit as a whole.