• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels top prospect Jo Adell sits because of quad tightness

Jo Adell was out of the Angels lineup on his third day in the big leagues because of some quad tightness, although Manager Joe Maddon gave no indication it will be more than a one-day issue.

“I don’t think so,” Maddon said Thursday. “The trainers didn’t express anything more than that, so as of right now I’m not concerned.”

Adell’s first day on the big league bench came a day after he had trouble on two balls in right field, demonstrating the defensive issues that were largely the reason he wasn’t on the Opening Day roster.

Maddon said he’s been personally working with Adell on his defense in their brief time together, and he feels the issues can be corrected.

“After a couple games, there’s nothing to conclude,” Maddon said. “He’s going to be really good. I like the running, like the hustle. He’s been challenged on some difficult plays. We’ll work through that.”

OHTANI RETURNS

Shohei Ohtani, whose season as a pitcher is over because of a forearm strain, was back in the lineup as the designated hitter on Thursday, and Maddon said he expects Ohtani to DH just about every day.

“He’s ready to play,” Maddon said. “We’ll get him out there as often as possible. I anticipate pretty much every day. Unless he just needs a break or if there’s a real tough lefty that we want to give somebody else a shot with,  you should see him out there.”

Maddon also said that he’s not concerned that Ohtani’s latest injury is a sign that he will continue to have injury troubles throughout his career. Ohtani has now had two arm injuries since joining the Angels. He also had knee surgery to repair a congenital condition. Ohtani was also hurt in 2017, his final year in Japan.

“It’s just one of those things that’s hard to understand,” Maddon said. “I’ve been around players in the past so as they were younger they get injured and then all of a sudden, they get beyond that moment and everything’s fine and they play consistently without injury. I’m wanting to believe that it’s gonna happen.”

ALSO

The Angels optioned reliever Jose Rodriguez and infielder Matt Thaiss because rosters were all reduced from 30 to 28. They’ll remain at that level for the rest of the way. …

Without Thaiss, the Angels’ only backups to Albert Pujols at first are Tommy La Stella, who started there on Thursday, and Taylor Ward. Neither player has much experience at first. …

The Angels have listed Griffin Canning and Andrew Heaney as the starters for Friday and Sunday in Texas, respectively. Saturday’s starter is TBA, but Maddon conceded that Patrick Sandoval is a candidate. He also said that he now prefers the bullpen for both Matt Andriese and Felix Peña, who have started in the past. “I think they’re very valuable there,” Maddon said. All of that seems to indicate that for now the Angels will go with a five-man rotation with Canning, Heaney, Sandoval, Dylan Bundy and Julio Teheran.

View the full article

11 minutes ago, AngelsWin.com said:

Jo Adell was out of the Angels lineup on his third day in the big leagues because of some quad tightness, although Manager Joe Maddon gave no indication it will be more than a one-day issue.

“I don’t think so,” Maddon said Thursday. “The trainers didn’t express anything more than that, so as of right now I’m not concerned.”

Adell’s first day on the big league bench came a day after he had trouble on two balls in right field, demonstrating the defensive issues that were largely the reason he wasn’t on the Opening Day roster.

Maddon said he’s been personally working with Adell on his defense in their brief time together, and he feels the issues can be corrected.

“After a couple games, there’s nothing to conclude,” Maddon said. “He’s going to be really good. I like the running, like the hustle. He’s been challenged on some difficult plays. We’ll work through that.”

OHTANI RETURNS

Shohei Ohtani, whose season as a pitcher is over because of a forearm strain, was back in the lineup as the designated hitter on Thursday, and Maddon said he expects Ohtani to DH just about every day.

“He’s ready to play,” Maddon said. “We’ll get him out there as often as possible. I anticipate pretty much every day. Unless he just needs a break or if there’s a real tough lefty that we want to give somebody else a shot with,  you should see him out there.”

Maddon also said that he’s not concerned that Ohtani’s latest injury is a sign that he will continue to have injury troubles throughout his career. Ohtani has now had two arm injuries since joining the Angels. He also had knee surgery to repair a congenital condition. Ohtani was also hurt in 2017, his final year in Japan.

“It’s just one of those things that’s hard to understand,” Maddon said. “I’ve been around players in the past so as they were younger they get injured and then all of a sudden, they get beyond that moment and everything’s fine and they play consistently without injury. I’m wanting to believe that it’s gonna happen.”

ALSO

The Angels optioned reliever Jose Rodriguez and infielder Matt Thaiss because rosters were all reduced from 30 to 28. They’ll remain at that level for the rest of the way. …

Without Thaiss, the Angels’ only backups to Albert Pujols at first are Tommy La Stella, who started there on Thursday, and Taylor Ward. Neither player has much experience at first. …

The Angels have listed Griffin Canning and Andrew Heaney as the starters for Friday and Sunday in Texas, respectively. Saturday’s starter is TBA, but Maddon conceded that Patrick Sandoval is a candidate. He also said that he now prefers the bullpen for both Matt Andriese and Felix Peña, who have started in the past. “I think they’re very valuable there,” Maddon said. All of that seems to indicate that for now the Angels will go with a five-man rotation with Canning, Heaney, Sandoval, Dylan Bundy and Julio Teheran.

Related Articles

View the full article

Quad tightness = cant take an accurate route to a fly ball yet.