• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Mariners (8/6/2020)

Chuck

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Man Walker looks like he did pre TJ surgery. 

Why didn't we sign this guy again? 

Might have to do with the fact that he had pitched a total of 171 innings in the previous 3 seasons, and 14 innings in the previous 2 seasons.

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

That's what I said all winter until Seattle signed him. it was a low risk, high reward opportunity, we missed.

So did 29 other teams. The Mariners re-signed their first round pick, and so far it's worked out for them.

Haven't been on here in a while but some thoughts...

I've never been concerned about Rendon and Ohtani (offensively. Pitching is a different story. He's done as a pitcher in my book and should focus on learning to play 1B or RF). Ohtani is hitting for power, it will turn around (probably already has). Rendon is getting on base and adjusting/getting comfortable. The power will come

Justin Upton is a huge concern obviously. He appears to be lost most games other than a random solo home run here and there. He is on the books for 25 million dollars for 2 seasons after this one. He batted .215 last year and the overall trend the last couple seasons has been more injuries and less production.  That is very concerning.

I think Brian Goodwin has solidified himself as a guy that has to be in the lineup every game

9 minutes ago, Taylor said:

So did 29 other teams. The Mariners re-signed their first round pick, and so far it's worked out for them.

He is still young. Has upside. Was cheap! 

It was a no brainer to sign him! 

4 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

He is still young. Has upside. Was cheap! 

It was a no brainer to sign him! 

Low Risk, High Reward. Essentially what Eppler has done with the bullpen over the years. 

This was a move right up his alley that he missed on.