• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

After a 4-8 start for the Halos, how many wins do they finish up the season with?

How many wins for the Halos, being 4-8?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins in 2020, being 4-8?

• Less than 20
    • 20-23
    • 24-27
    • 28-30
    • 31-33
    • More than 33

Why can’t we seem to get the big 3 (offense, starting pitching and bullpen) to ever fire at once?  Seems like we only get 1 or 2 at a time.

last couple years we’ve bitched about starters and now we’ve got them rolling, and some good offense coming around, but our bullpen is a bowl of boiling diarrhea.  Like the worst BP we’ve had in a LONG time.  We’ve had some BPs where you puckered up on a few pitchers, but this is almost a guaranteed blow up when the first arm faces the first batter.

id take Daisy Fuentes and Crooked Hat back at this point.

Voted for 24-27.

The MOTO is horrible.

The bullpen is horrible.

Hard to win games that way

Next question, should the Halos go to the A’th method for building success?   No more high priced FAs or acquisitions, and unlike the A’ths the Halos have the desire to pay their better established players to stay.   Focus on scouting and coaching, and build long term success.

Second question, why have just about every key acquisition since 2010 struggled so much compared to their past seasons?   Is Moreno calling the shots always on those, being more interested in marketing than long term success?

Edited by Angel Oracle

1 hour ago, Biergott said:

Why can’t we seem to get the big 3 (offense, starting pitching and bullpen) to ever fire at once?  Seems like we only get 1 or 2 at a time.

last couple years we’ve bitched about starters and now we’ve got them rolling, and some good offense coming around, but our bullpen is a bowl of boiling diarrhea.  Like the worst BP we’ve had in a LONG time.  We’ve had some BPs where you puckered up on a few pitchers, but this is almost a guaranteed blow up when the first arm faces the first batter.

id take Daisy Fuentes and Crooked Hat back at this point.

agreed

zwMOuiZCR4avvcUcrTbBLtn6N2yg2H_HAxb_8jX2

This season is rough for a hundred reasons.  I never ever had to TRY to be interested in a season as I am having to do right now.

We need to come up with a symbol much more screaming and serious than an asterisk for this season.

And we all should fully expect that there will be more contaminating episodes to come when certain high impact players either opt out or test positive for Covid totally changing a teams ability to compete.

So while baseball has been a lifelong organic passion for me, this 2020 experience is so bastardized (with more bastardization to come) I can barely barely find the energy to keep trying to be legitimately emotionally engaged in it.

I don’t blame anyone.  It’s just so fucked up.
Its a bummer.

Maybe maybe maybe it will feel more normal and relatable deeper into the season?  I hope so because this is painful.