• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Madbum and Ryu

Looks like Eppler was wise to avoid them. 

With Wheeler, Cole, and Strasberg off the board many, including myself, panicked and advocated for them. 

So far Bundy looks much stronger than either of them. Hopefully Teheran keeps it going. 

Keuchel and the trade for Stripling still bother me a little, but Rengifo has looked great at 2b

6 minutes ago, DMVol said:

The guy we should have gotten was Stripling....thanks Arte....

While I agree I would sure love to know the details before crucifying Arte.  Who were the minor leaguers?  Did the deal change after the Dodgers had to change their deal?

9 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

If we're going to say this about those 2 this early in the season, by this logic signing Teheran was also a mistake, he hasn't appeared all season before today, bust signing.

Yep.  And at the end of the year we move on while they’ll be paying $15-18 million for a few more years. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Yep.  And at the end of the year we move on while they’ll be paying $15-18 million for a few more years. 

Except we're nowhere near able to determine whether those contracts will be bad, just look at Yu Darvish for example, he had a huge down year in 2018, the first year of his contract, and then starting with the 2nd half of last season, and continuing into this season, he has returned to being a TOR starter. 

27 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

If we're going to say this about those 2 this early in the season, by this logic signing Teheran was also a mistake, he hasn't appeared all season before today, bust signing.

Yep, totally the same thing, since we all predicted COVID would happen during the off-season.

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

Looks like Eppler was wise to avoid them. 

With Wheeler, Cole, and Strasberg off the board many, including myself, panicked and advocated for them. 

So far Bundy looks much stronger than either of them. Hopefully Teheran keeps it going. 

Keuchel and the trade for Stripling still bother me a little, but Rengifo has looked great at 2b

While I agree with most of this, what part of Rengifo hitting to a +71 OPS has looked great? 
Joc isn’t doing much better though.

I've had the chance to watch two of Cole's starts, he's dominating, but he hasn't looked like the Astro's Cole. It might be do to  not having a regular Spring training, but he's pitching more down in the zone. He's only averaging an 8 % K rate. has 2.55 ERA, but over a 4 FIP and Xfip. Its  still early Though. 

1 hour ago, mymerlincat said:

But his ERA is 0.00

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Yep, totally the same thing, since we all predicted COVID would happen during the off-season.

If we're pretending 2 weeks into the first season defines a contract then yes, it is the same thing.

19 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

If we're pretending 2 weeks into the first season defines a contract then yes, it is the same thing.

Madbum and Ryu both had histories of inconsistency and injuries, which is why it took longer for them to sign than their recent stats would suggest.