• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: MORNING WRAP: Ohtani done pitching? Angels, Dodgers win

The Morning Wrap shares the day’s top five stories from our reporters at the Southern California Newspaper Group … And have everything delivered to you in our daily newsletters

WEDNESDAY, AUG. 5

ONE: Angels manager Joe Maddon said Shohei Ohtani is likely done pitching the rest of the year after being diagnosed with a grade 1-2 strain of the flexor pronator mass on Monday, reporter Jeff Fletcher writes. But that won’t stop Ohtani from being a DH.

Next up: Angels at Seattle, today, 6:40 p.m.

What Joe Maddon said about Ohtani“I’m not anticipating him pitching at all this year. From what I’ve seen, I believe that he can (be a two-way player). “We just got to get past the arm maladies and figure that out.”

Angels win: It wasn’t all bad news, after losing seven of their first 10 games, Mike Trout and Albert Pujols homered in a 5-3 victory over seattle.

TWO: Lakers reporter Kyle Goon is inside the bubble in Orlando and writes how well Dion Waiters has blended with the Lakers after losing guard Rajon Rondo to an injury. And find out when Rondo is expected to return.

Up next: Lakers vs. Oklahoma City, today, 3:30 p.m.

THREE: Dustin May pitched well enough for the Dodgers to break up a no-hitter in the sixth inning, and then rally for a come-from-behind 5-2 victory over San Diego. While Corey Seager came up with a big hit to tie the game, nobody has been as hot as A.J. Pollock. Also, reporter Bill Plunkett writes how Justin Turner is rounding into form.

Next up: Dodgers at Padres, today, 6:10 p.m.

Dodgers’ late-arriving offense carries them past Padres

FOUR: The Rams’ Jalen Ramsey knew the contract questions were coming during his zoom call on Tuesday, but he wants to leave those questions for his agent, and focus on the training camp, reporter Kevin Modesti writes.

What Jalen Ramsey said: “I told you at the beginning of this (contract negotiation), I’m controlling what I’m able to control,” said Ramsey, who spoke from the Rams’ facility in Thousand Oaks. “I’m letting my agent, who is by far the best agent in the game, David Mulugheta, and the front office handle it. I can’t do anything about it. I’m not worried about it. I’m trying to do my job as a football player, I’m trying to be a leader of the team. If it comes, it comes. It’s going to be a surprise to me just like it’s going to be a surprise to y’all.”

FIVE: The Suns are battling several teams for the final playoff spot, and got a huge victory over the Clippers on a game-winner from Devin Booker in a 117-115 victory. The Clippers are now 1-2 since the restart, but still second in the Western Conference behind the Lakers. The game marked the return from Lou Williams, who scored just seven points. But he only played 20 minutes and felt good to play again after 10 days in quarantine.

Next up: Clippers vs. Mavericks, Thursday, 3:30 p.m.

What Lou Williams said: “Yeah, I needed it, I needed it. I don’t know if I was going to be able to just watch that game today with the last 10 days being by myself, being isolated, watching so much basketball — watching so much good basketball.

View the full article