• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels are calling up Jo Adell

rafibomb

18 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

This franchise could use some good news. Here's hoping that Ohtani's MRI came back fine and he'll be good to go as the DH and that Adell was called up because Justin Upton has decided to opt out of the season.

I hope this is the case! 

Salary aside, I’d rather keep Goodwin’s bat in the lineup than Upton.  As Tommy Lasorda once said about Kurt Bevaqua (probable misspelling of last name), “he couldn’t hit water if he fell off a boat.”  Upton looks lost at the plate.  He looks unable to hit a breaking ball.  I hope I’m wrong about Upton but right now he’s not helping the offense.

41 minutes ago, Randy Gradishar said:

A bit harsh, but I agree about the Upton-bashing. I think he's actually looked pretty good but just been a victim of bad luck so far.

Yep, it’s just bad luck that he continues to try and pull everything and that the ball just somehow keeps missing his bat. 

1 hour ago, Randy Gradishar said:

A bit harsh, but I agree about the Upton-bashing. I think he's actually looked pretty good but just been a victim of bad luck so far.

Question, how many balls has he hit hard so far?    He’s already K’d 14 times in 10 games.  His BBs/Ks ratio is a horrible 3/14.

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Adell has a lot of learning to go to live up to the hype. I think some people believe he is going to put up Trout rookie year numbers and are in for a reality check. 

The first time he makes an athletic play in RF people are going to be pissed he wasn’t up before.  

5 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yep, it’s just bad luck that he continues to try and pull everything and that the ball just somehow keeps missing his bat. 

He's definitely been pull happy, but a .091 BABIP is pretty freaking unreal too.    Still better than Yelich's .000 BABIP.....    I dont think I had ever seen that before but there it is ...

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2020&month=0&season1=2020&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=0&filter=&players=0&startdate=2020-01-01&enddate=2020-12-31&sort=12,d&page=6_30