• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Asterisks @ Angels (8/2/20) - 1:10PM PT on FSW

mmc

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Erstad Grit said:

Sucks.  When you're wild and show the body language he is, he's not getting that pitch.  Should've been out of the inning

That's not an excuse. Umpires shouldn't miss that, it was all over the strike zone. And yes while Shohei was wild, he was at least around the plate for the most part.

1 minute ago, ScottT said:

It's a combination of rust and confidence.  

You knuckleheads are seriously overreacting to the radar gun reading every pitch.  You might be more scared of him that he'll get hurt again.

You’ve gotta admit that watching his FB velocity drop like a rock toward the end there was worrying. I mean 40+ pitches in an inning might have a lot to do with that, but it’s still not a good sign.

8 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

He's not locating his fastball at all, and it has traditionally been his weakest pitch.

So he was locating his breaking stuff. Stop. Thats a minor leaguer. Put it on a tee with 2 outs and bases loaded. Make him put it in play. Thats a horrendous decision and one that has only one possible outcome- swing and miss- which you do not need there

9 minutes ago, Don said:

You’ve gotta admit that watching his FB velocity drop like a rock toward the end there was worrying. I mean 40+ pitches in an inning might have a lot to do with that, but it’s still not a good sign.

He is not throwing as hard as he can every pitch. 

MLB implemented the rule where Ohtani can regularly be in the Angels lineup while still rehab once a week as a pitcher at Inland Empire. Ohtani would be in the minors as a pitcher right now if this were a normal season with minor league games. Last game he topped out at 94 and didn't record an out. This outing he topped out at 97 and threw a 7-pitch first inning and was a strike call away from striking out the side after loading the bases. I don't see how you can conclude somehow is not a pitcher anymore just by his 2nd outing from Tommy John surgery. Especially when he's shown improvement from the 1st start to the 2nd.

Edited by rafibomb

23 minutes ago, Blarg said:

This has been subtle but I've noticed against the Astros the director is cutting around the catcher dropping a sign for a pitch. It is probably a MLB guideline now to avoid giving away pitch signals. 

The cheating Astros are now negatively impacting my viewing experience. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Look I am obviously a homer.  But come on, it’s absolutely an over reaction on your part.  Sorry I marked you as a troll post.  

Nah, I'm just frustrated like the rest of us. This thread is a nice place to vent. Watching this team is not good for my mental health.