• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Asterisks @ Angels (8/2/20) - 1:10PM PT on FSW

mmc

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This terrible bullpen is the reason we have the record we have.  Our starters (outside of Ohtani) has been solid.  It has been the antithesis of the start of last year when it was the bullpen that was saving the Angels and the starters were shit.  It’s too bad the starters haven’t been able to be stretched out. But with the emphasis on the bullpen, it has really magnified our weaknesses. That and the fact that nobody can hit with RISP has killed this team this week.  

8 minutes ago, wopphil said:

And for the record, I think I am on the fire Eppler bandwagon. This bullpen is horrific. 

I guess I figured everybody gets a mulligan this year...but if this team continues to stink it up, I’m not sure he deserves a 6th year...

7 minutes ago, southpaw said:

That and the fact that nobody can hit with RISP has killed this team this week.  

5 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

Honestly, a bad bullpen and an offense that struggles with RISP has basically been the identity of this team for the past 5 or so years.

2 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

make you wonder if it there philosophy or something.

Three different coaches, different coaching staff....Yet it the same outcome.

It's the result of the 'stars and scrubs' team building model. You get guys like Trout getting pitched around on the regular only to bring up a scrub with runners in scoring position more often.

18 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

I'm starting to head for that bandwagon myself. He's had plenty of opportunities to do something with the bullpen. 

I do like the guy but I'm starting to wonder if I've bought into a false narrative. Are the Angels really going to have a losing record five seasons in a row

18 minutes ago, RBM said:

Mike Trout gave up on this season. Paternity leave is three games. This was his fourth game. Did he sit at home watching today?  Respect, lost. 

Honestly man, we’re like one bad story away from getting the season stopped. Waiting an extra day for the flight to Seattle isn’t a bad idea at all if he’s concerned about his family.

29 minutes ago, RBM said:

Mike Trout gave up on this season. Paternity leave is three games. This was his fourth game. Did he sit at home watching today?  Respect, lost. 

Guessing you’re not anywhere close to becoming a parent.

this is an idiotic line of reasoning.

3 minutes ago, RBM said:

Tank, I have three amazing kids. How about you?

I’m upset about how the team I’ve loved my entire life is performing. Does that change the type of Father I am. If you believe that shame on you. 

I have one child. 
I don’t understand why a guy having his first child and missing a few games because of it is a deal-breaker for you. I don’t find that to be a reasonable position.

i have no idea what kind of father you are and make no assumptions about it based on what you’ve posted here. I would assume you’re a good dad, just like I’d assume that for anyone here.*

*exception noted for HaloThunder