Sign in to follow this  
NrM

Farm system player development

What players have the Angels developed in the last 10 years that went on to be quality starters?

Obviously Mike Trout.  Kole Calhoun was decent. Does Ohtani count?

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Fletcher

Adell

I didn't even know fletcher was from the angels farm system lol. He kind of came out of nowhere.

Just now, NrM said:

I didn't even know fletcher was from the angels farm system lol. He kind of came out of nowhere.

But he did come from the farm system.  If you are creating a thread to shit on them at least don’t disqualify what they have done. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

But he did come from the farm system.  If you are creating a thread to shit on them at least don’t disqualify what they have done. 

wtf?

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Trout

Kole

Richards

Fletcher

Trumbo?

Trumbo and Cron are both journeyman replacement level players. I don't consider them quality starters. Richards was injury prone and never amounted to anything outside of 2 good years with the angels.

1 minute ago, NrM said:

Trumbo and Cron are both journeyman replacement level players. I don't consider them quality starters. Richards was injury prone and never amounted to anything.

Ok.  Fletcher, Trout and Kole. Thanks Dipoto. 

Why are some people so defensive when they talk about Angels baseball?

Trying to see if I can get one past him by posting at 3am. 

9 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

Can the Angels steal the Indians scouting and development team because they seemingly have an endless supply of great arms coming through the pipeline. Angels can't even develop any good relievers from their farm.

Callaway is at least a good start. Surely he’ll have some knowledge from that org’s strategies for developing arms.

11 hours ago, NrM said:

Trumbo and Cron are both journeyman replacement level players. I don't consider them quality starters. Richards was injury prone and never amounted to anything outside of 2 good years with the angels.

Trumbo sure got paid a lot for a journeyman player

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

Fletcher

Adell

Fletcher. Yes.

Adell? He hasn't even played in MLB? 27 games in AAA with a soft .676 OPS

Adell, hell no. Not yet.

Just now, RBM said:

Fletcher. Yes.

Adell? He hasn't even played in MLB? 27 games in AAA with a soft .676 OPS

Adell, hell no. Not yet.

Ok, fair enough.  I included him because others (not just Angel fans) see him as a top 5-10 prospect in baseball.  You want to see results at the major league level.  We just see it different.  

What’s crazy, and yes this isn’t a great way to look at it, if we were to add up the WAR of all players coming from farm systems in the last 10 years the Angels would probably be very near the top because of Trout alone.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

What’s crazy, and yes this isn’t a great way to look at it, if we were to add up the WAR of all players coming from farm systems in the last 10 years the Angels would probably be very near the top because of Trout alone.  

Stick with your first thought. It’s not the way to look at it.