• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Is Mike Trout selfish

9 hours ago, sosh said:

He's not selfish, but he doesn't strike me as a guy desperate to win. Definitely not a Kobe, MJ type.

Dumb.

7 hours ago, sosh said:

If I’m Mike Trout I’d go for the Leonardo DiCaprio lifestyle; ergo, I wouldn’t have kids to begin with

Dumber.

6 hours ago, sosh said:

Spoken like a man with a ball and chain

Dumbest statement humanly possible. (Until your next post.)

I think it's the opposite. I feel like the more selfish thing to do would be to play baseball no matter the safety protocols. I think he is looking out for his family first, and himself, second. I feel the MLB can do more to ensure the safety of the player than they have done.

It's selfish for us to expect baseball players to play no matter the consequence. I do feel the Angels have done probably the best at making their own "bubble" and pledging to eachother to stay safe during the season unlike other MLB clubs.

9 hours ago, robblin17 said:

Hell no. The guy can do whatever he wants. He could’ve spurned us (and he had every reason to), but he stayed. And none of us would’ve blamed him if he left. He’s the only reason we have to watch the Angels. 

For this reason, this is why I get so pissed that this organization can’t do anything right. 

Exactly. He could have played out his contract, then gone to the Yankees and guaranteed them a dynasty for years to come, but he was loyal to the Angels. He can do whatever he wants in my opinion.

It's not like we would have played any better with him in the lineup. That's the sorry truth about this team.

At the least he should not be paid for the games missed. A symbolic gesture, but pro sports aren't like regular jobs. Not sure what the legalities are but he should voluntarily not accept his salary for games missed. 

I understand his mindset, but as the highest paid player in the sport there is a responsibility to the sport and his teammates. Potentially his absence could cost the team a playoff spot. His presence in the games he already missed may have turned losses into wins. And that impacts the entire organization. 

When you sign the contract he signed it also implies some personal sacrifice. 

1 hour ago, Duren, Duren said:

At the least he should not be paid for the games missed. A symbolic gesture, but pro sports aren't like regular jobs. Not sure what the legalities are but he should voluntarily not accept his salary for games missed. 

I understand his mindset, but as the highest paid player in the sport there is a responsibility to the sport and his teammates. Potentially his absence could cost the team a playoff spot. His presence in the games he already missed may have turned losses into wins. And that impacts the entire organization. 

When you sign the contract he signed it also implies some personal sacrifice. 

In the contract there is maternity leave.

In addition by law there is family emergency leave.  

Every person who thinks Trout is selfish looks like an ass.