• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Keynan Middleton goes at it with Angels fans on twitter

mmc

15 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Or the penthouse forum stories, but with less details.

And a whole lot less interesting.

”Dear twitter, I’m writing because I never thought something like this would happen to me. My car stalled beside a Circle K one snowy December evening . . .”

27 minutes ago, Tank said:

And a whole lot less interesting.

”Dear twitter, I’m writing because I never thought something like this would happen to me. My car stalled beside a Circle K one snowy December evening . . .”

"I asked for the bathroom key, and the kid behind the counter said 'you need to give me something, so that I know youre not gonna steal the key..."

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

"I asked for the bathroom key, and the kid behind the counter said 'you need to give me something, so that I know youre not gonna steal the key..."

“The key to the men’s room wasn’t working properly, but my night and dignity were saved when these two gorgeous women walked out of the ladies room. They stopped, seeing I was having trouble, and asked if there was a way they could help me.”

59 minutes ago, Tank said:

“The key to the men’s room wasn’t working properly, but my night and dignity were saved when these two gorgeous women walked out of the ladies room. They stopped, seeing I was having trouble, and asked if there was a way they could help me.”

They said, and I quote "we when we walked into this am/pm, we wanted hot dogs, too."

1 hour ago, floplag said:

I cant help but think this is part of the problem.
If the players dont respect the organization, and the fans of it, how the hell are they going to perform at their best?
This team is the epitome of underachievers in recent years.. starting to wonder if shit like this is part of the why. 

This is overthinking it. Middleton is just a clown

• 1 year later...

The correlation between winning baseball and louder crowd noise is not coincidence.

The crowds this year have been the best I’ve seen in the last several years.  It’s also pretty cool to see the players having a great time also. 

Winning is kind of fun.  Like the old days.

1 minute ago, PattyD22 said:

The correlation between winning baseball and louder crowd noise is not coincidence.

The crowds this year have been the best I’ve seen in the last several years.  It’s also pretty cool to see the players having a great time also. 

Winning is kind of fun.  Like the old days.

Angel fans have been waiting over 6 years. I remember the old days reminds me of 1962 halo team.

51 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Angel fans have been waiting over 6 years. I remember the old days reminds me of 1962 halo team.

Big difference from 62.  Back then the fanbase was almost non-existent in comparison to today. In 62 the average attendance to a game  i believe was less than 15,000 per game. And about half of the attendees were rooting for the opposing team, as they likely grew up in that teams hometown. The rest seemed to like going to a game where the tickets were more affordable.  For me growing up in Temple City, it seemed my family were the only Angels fans around. We were surrounded by Dog fans.  I think that instilled in me the "rootiing for the underdog" attitude. 

Frankly, with how many games there are, it’s hard to be consistently energetic/loud/passionate/whatever the hell you want to call it, with a losing team. Can you imagine being a Reds fan right now? They have almost nothing to cheer for; I guess the hope that India, Stephenson, and Greene develop. That’s freaking brutal.

OC is always a fickle fanbase, it's just the way it is.  Same with the Ducks.  We aren't a legacy franchise like the Lakers/Dodgers, and there's too much other shit to do around SoCal in the warmer months to care about watching a crappy baseball team every day. 

Even considering myself about as "hardcore" an Angels fan as you'll find, the past few years after the ASB I'd pretty much watch Trout/Ohtani ABs and then check out.  

1 hour ago, TroutField said:

Now Middleton has bounced around between the M’s and the Diamondbacks and is now on a minor league deal and hasn’t pitched in the majors since 2020

dumbass 

He sucks but he has indeed pitched in the majors both this season and last

56 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

Big difference from 62.  Back then the fanbase was almost non-existent in comparison to today. In 62 the average attendance to a game  i believe was less than 15,000 per game. And about half of the attendees were rooting for the opposing team, as they likely grew up in that teams hometown. The rest seemed to like going to a game where the tickets were more affordable.  For me growing up in Temple City, it seemed my family were the only Angels fans around. We were surrounded by Dog fans.  I think that instilled in me the "rootiing for the underdog" attitude. 

I was at Bo Belinsky's no hitter about 6,000 fans. Still my favorite team 1962. Expansion team in first place on July 4. Much of no names playing winning baseball. Greatest bullpen they ever had, Dean Chance pitched out of bullpen plus started many games. My family at Knott's Berry Farm on July 4 and Angels swept a DH. Could get in free to Knott's in those days.

I don't want to dog-pile or hate, but...

I can't help but continue to feel like there's a correlation to the team's success / fan enthusiasm...

And the departure of Pujols and Upton...

The players seem to have a collective personality (and I don't believe for a second that Pujols would have donned a cowboy hat after any of his handful of HRs left in him - I can't help think that every time I see that thing)....